587,086 active members*
2,836 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: SEM encoders

SEM encoders

My mill has SEM servos that had resolvers from a CNC conversion sometime during the late 90s'. I removed them and need to replace them with encoders. The problem I'm running into is finding an encoder for a 17mm shaft that won't break the bank. US Digital carries one for 19mm, could I make a bushing with a 1mm wall? Would I be better off finding an actual 17mm hollow shaft encoder? Does anyone know of a source? I'm looking for something around 1000 cpr.

how about just using a encoder replacement in a resolver housing? were the resolvers "size 11?" with shaft? Is so, one of this forums sponsors/advertisers, ammc, sells encoder direct replacements for less than a couple hundred dollars i think.....

otherwise, it sounds like u want a 'kit' encoder to put over rear motor shaft extention? they come in 2 std sizes - 1.8" bolt spacing and another - like 2.2 or something.... most come with a zillion thru hole choices. we sell dynapar (danaher controls), advantech, and ECP brands, and if you want can look and send you choices? pm me if interested with more info?

I decided to go with a piece of tubing over the servo shaft as a bushing and an encoder kit from US digital. Thanks for the reply.