587,490 active members*
7,046 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Talking breakout board recomendations

I need to change out my breakout board system and i am looking for some recomendations on a new one for steppers.I will need to control 4 axis and at least two relays for spindle and flood coolant .I need a proven reliable system that works with mach 3 . Thanks in advance to all who wish to comment.

Question

Woffler,

What is wrong with the old one?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

they have come up with special drivers and profiles for operating the thing and they are all screwed up cant use the limits like intended on cards have to jumper around stuff thats supposed to work.some functions wont work its a night mare the drivers are messed up and when i tried to get them to fix it they said yes we screwed up but have not come up with any fixes. i just can not go on this way time to cut my losses and go on.

I have had good luck with the ones that Bob Cambell is selling:
    http://campbelldesigns.net/breakout-board.php

I have built two machines with them and none of the issues were related to the BOB. The documentation is OK and the support is good.

It supports 4 axes of step/direction has a spindle control DAC, 3 un-assigned relays and a charge pump safety. It has one limit/home switch circuit per axis.

Good Luck,
    BobH

Question

Woffler,

Please tell us what kind of machine you have and what breakout board is in it now?

Someone here may be able to help you and save you some money!

In the mean time here is another option.

CNC4PC makes several break out boards from basic to full featured with charge pump and VFD outputs

http://www.cnc4pc.com

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

what i have is a ubob builders pack from candcnc they have several profiles you can set them up get one to somewhat work and then the half the functions wont work even though they are configured correctly .Ive spent weeks on these things to work they built it virtually with out bench testing and they are a mess it is software issues not hardware as best that can be explained to me .I will be replacing it lost about 135.00 on it but it will be worth it to get rid of it ! thanks for the opinions ill be talking to these co 's and will chose a somewhat more reliable product thanks to all for helping.