587,647 active members*
3,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > TM1 or MiniMill, how many differences?

TM1 or MiniMill, how many differences?

I was looking at some 10-15 yr old mills. I noticed the TM1 and MiniMill can both run on single phase. What are all the differences between the two? (TM1 with toolchanger and programmable coolant nozzle)

Thanks in advance!

Re: TM1 or MiniMill, how many differences?

The TM1 has a longer (in X) and slightly narrower (in Y) table, and also more X and Z travel. The mini mill has a full enclosure and the TM1 may or may not. The TM1 without the full enclosure has a maximum spindle speed of 4000RPM and maximum axis travel speeds of 200IPM. These can be increased to 6000RPM and 400IPM by changing parameters (the TM1 with full enclosure has these faster spindle and axis speeds already set).

The current mini mill (not sure about the older ones) has a max rapid speed of 600IPM. I'm also pretty sure the TM1 and mini mill use the same spindle.

The maximum table weight capacity of the TM1 is 1000lbs, which is twice that of the mini mill.

There may be other differences but this is what I know. This also assumes the standard mini mill and not the mini mill 2 or super mini mill.

C|

10 to15 year old HAAS ,,, RUN AWAY FAST
    they no longer supporting the control ,,, ZERO control boards available for pre 2002 year machines ... to fix a bad board you could be looking at 10K or more ,,, most machines that old would need a new CRT and spindle drive to work with the newer controller cards. and what day is Haas going to stop making boards for the newer machines ...

Quote Originally Posted by D.D.Machine View Post
    10 to15 year old HAAS ,,, RUN AWAY FAST
    they no longer supporting the control ,,, ZERO control boards available for pre 2002 year machines ... to fix a bad board you could be looking at 10K or more ,,, most machines that old would need a new CRT and spindle drive to work with the newer controller cards. and what day is Haas going to stop making boards for the newer machines ...
    Yeah, now if they would just fail I could ***** like you. I run a 96 and a 97 that just keep pumping out parts without any board failures.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Thanks for to info!

TM1 if you can find one. Much more versatile machine, especially the open machine(definitely need the chip cover though). X and Z on mini are really limiting on the mini. Even though the TM has a much bigger table, the footprint of the machine is the same.