586,655 active members*
2,363 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    not sure if it is any help to you but i have a 91 Kiwa Excel 1310 and my tool change program is as follows

G0 G40 G80;
    #130 =#4120;
    G91 G30 Z0 M19;
    G90 M99;
    %

again...not sure it will help but it works on my machine

No result!

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your reply's on this case! Today I have been able to test all the things mentioned in this thread. Unfortunately nothing has worked so far.

Viewing the #149 variable during toolchange. This variable is set to null and does not change.

After that I tried to fill in the program last posted. This was form a Kiwa also, so definately worth a try. Nothing happend.

Then I tried the step by step guide posted by stevo (thanks for your thorough post!). I decided not to change the program number, so this is still O9001 which is called with this Txx M16. Took variable macro 530 (controller doesn't go furhter) and set it to the current tool in the spindle. Programmed in the codes and macro and gave it a try. toolchange does work like described before, but stops again during the M6 command line. What surprised me was that the toolskipping worked well, helping it to set #20 the same as #530. When I did not set #20 it gave an error. #20 is nog set during toolchange so maybe #4210 is not the modal T? Here the suggested program from Stevo:

O9020(TOOL CHANGE PROGRAM)
    #20=#4120 (sets #20 equal to modal T)
    G40G80 (tool dia cancel & canned cycle cancel)
    IF[#20EQ#535]GOTO1 (skips tool change if calling tool in spindle)
    G91G28Z0M9 (tool change position in Z & coolant off)
    M19 (tool orientation)
    G28Y0M5 (tool change position in Y & spindle stop)
    M6 (tool call of modal T value)
    N1 (address to jump to if calling current tool in the spindle)
    G90G49Z#5043 (cancel tool offsets no tool movement)
    #535=#20 (sets #535 equal to the tool that was called to the spindle)
    M99

After that I contacted a company in the netherlands which was the dealer for KIWA back in the 1990´s. They´ve brought me in contact with a company which still has a Kiwa Excel working, same type but bigger machine. They were so friendly to send me the copy of their toolchange. Tried that but made no difference. The machine peforms the same trick whith different programmes, so I think it must be in the parameter part.

Any idea´s anybody?!!!!

Ben

Ok well there are still a few things that we can try. First off I am very surprised that #20 is not being set to the T code you are calling. On your control #4120 is the system variable for your modal T so the tool change macro should set #20 to modal T.

Your M6 in the macro program may require a T() value in it. I have seen it before. The easiest way to check this would be to hard code it 1 time right into the macro program just to check. As an example put T5 after the M6 in program 9001 and then MDI a tool call of T5M6. If this works then we can either set up the 9000 to be called with a T() so that #149 gets set then insert the T#149 in with the M6. Or we can fix why #20 is not being set then insert this in with the M6.

I cannot think of any parameter settings that would hold this up.

Stevo

The carousel comes forward, picks out the present tool, drops down, rotates to the new tool and comes to a hold. So it stays in the drop down position.
    Question

The spindle drops off the new tool.
    PMC sees unclamp signal.
    magazine rotates to correct new tool.
    spindle moves onto arbour of new tool.
    spindle does? Or does not clamp?
    magazine should move away.
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

once you get the toolchanger figured out you should change parameter 3202 bit NE9 to a 1, this will protect the 9000 programs from modification or deletion

ATC movement

[QUOTE=MysticMonkey;722076]Question

Hi mysticmonkey,

The carrousel moves in the following order:

1 Carousel comes forward and clamps on the tool that is in the spindle
    2 The spindle unclamps
    3 Airblow on the tool
    4 Carousel moves down, so takes the tool out of the spindle
    5 Carousel rotates to the specified tool location

Here it stops and the spindle keeps blowing air. It should be doing the following:

6 Carousel moves up, puts the tool in the spindle
    7 Spindle clamps tool
    8 Carousel moves away from tool, to the zero location.

could it b a proximity switch or maybe a loose wire

At this stage of the TC cycle it could be a few things

1. The PLC doesn't know that the carousel is in position (this is unlikely if it rotates and stops at the correct tool)
    2. There could be a locking pin in the carousel that is not being sensed
    3. An "in position" proxy that isn't related to the carousel rotation count

when the carousel is stationary check for any proximity switches that have no light on (you have to assume there is an indicator light on them)
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

Ok I have tried to hardcode the T5 in the 9001 program and call it with a T5 M16. Sadly enough this did not solve the problem. Again nothing changed in the cycle. The carousel still stops when it should be moving up to refit the new tool in the spindle (air keeps blowing). Just to be sure there is no hardware problem, I've checked all the sensors on the ATC. Couldn't find anything strange there. All the sensors are lightening up like they should. The fact that a manual (jog mode) toolchange works tells me anyway that all the hardware is functioning correct.

Thinking again maybe the toolchange cycle already did'nt work before we got the machine. Difficult problem this one!

Are you sure that T5 is calling a subprogram?

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post
    Are you sure that T5 is calling a subprogram?
    It should have worked the same with the T5 hard coded right in the macro as it would with calling 9000 with the T to have #149 set. It should be no different. However it should be ruled out.

Ben....if your switches are working as you say then I am stuck. Do you have a later version Oseries control? C or D? Can you view the rung in the ladder for the tool change and see where it is hanging?

The next thing to try is to actually set it up so that #149 gets set in program 9000 with the T call and then program the tool change macro to do just that. Ok first off create program 9000 and just put a M99 in it. Once a T is programmed it should call 9001 and set #149= to the modal T. Now in your program 9001 program change it back to what you originally had.
    O9001;
    G80 G40 M9;
    G91 G30 Z0 M19;
    M6 T#149;
    M99;

Single block your program and see what #149 is set to when you try and call a tool. I am suspicious of this because with the code I posted for you #20 should have been set to modal T with #4120 but it did not. So before you reach the M6T#149 in program 9001 look at variable #149 and tell me what it is set to.

Stevo

REAL PROGRAM FOR TOOL CHANGE

:9002
    G80
    G91G28Z0M19
    G0G49
    G30Z0M19
    M06
    G90M99

Kiwa excel 510 manual HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Ben,
    I believe you will probably find that to be the problem. Once it pauses on the M6T#149 go look at what common variable #149 is set to. My guess is it is set to null. This in turn is trying to call null. As an example if #149 was set to say 2 then the line of code would represent M6T2.

The document attached will tell you how to view the variables on your control.

Stevo
    I am in search of an electronic copy of the user manual for a KIWA Excel 510.

Re: Kiwa excel 510 manual HELP!!!

send me an email at [email protected]
    i can help you.

Re: Kiwa excel 510 toolchange HELP!!

Hello friend, I just read your post, I also have a Kiwa Excel 510 with fanuc OM control with a 16-position umbrella-type tool changer, I would like to know if you can share your parameters and diagnostics of your machine with me. [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 12