586,745 active members*
6,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Absolutely DESPERATE for Help. Shenhui Laser...Laser power not coming on.

Absolutely DESPERATE for Help. Shenhui Laser...Laser power not coming on.

Hi there,

So I was cutting a stencil yesterday and half way thru the job, the power for the laser stopped. The axis and control seems fine tho. I checked and changed the fuse....Nothing. I swapped out power cords....Nothing. I've sent a couple messages to the China mfg'er but with the time difference, it'll be monday hopefully, that I get some help. The laser tube is suppose to get around 3000 hours/3 months. We've been using for over a year about the hours aren't close to 3000. If the tube is spent, would that stop the power itself from coming on? Really needing some help with this as I have jobs piling up now.

Thanks in advance,
    JeffClick image for larger version. 

Name:	c02-laser.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	283082

Re: Absolutely DESPERATE for Help. Shenhui Laser...Laser power not coming on.

Did you check your water flow and door safety switches.
    Time to get a meter out and start a little troubleshooting.
    Start with the obvious. I don't know your controller but some have indicator lights to help let you know what's going on.
    It could be a loose connection. Just kind of check it out slowly but make sure you power it down. Safety first, always.
    I don't think most tubes just die all of the sudden. You would likely see it start acting up first.
    Some units have 2 switches. One for the controls and axis movements and another for the laser power supply.
    See if you are getting power to the laser power supply. Start at the switch and go from there.
    Good luck and I hope you find it.

Gozzie

Thanks Gozzie,

Correct with the two switches.The one for the controller and axis movement is on and working but the laser power switch doesn't come on. I will get a meter and start checking. The hours on the tube is only around 1000. The vendor said I should get around 3000 hrs and yes, I would think it wouldn't just die all of a sudden. Hoping for the loose wire :-). I will post once figured out.

Thank you.

Obviously, check all the fuses too!. Does the power supply have any lights? If yes, does pressing the test button on the supply do anything?

Hi, Jeff,
    Follow this video to confirm whether it is tube problem or the powrsupply problem.

Laser tube problem or Laser powersupply problem - YouTube

If powersupply problem, contact the vendor for exchange, if tube problem.. ur.. it seems the tube is already out of warrety.. so you can only think about buying a new one.

Melody
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected] [email protected] skype:melody.gweike