587,547 active members*
3,098 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Help Needed!!!! Shenhui Laser K40

Ok, please go gentle with me as im a newbie

I recently bought a Shenhi Laser K40 off Ebay, and before someone says yes I know I should not have bought it. However this is too late so need some help going forward to get it working else its just going back on ebay to be sold again.

Download moshidraw, which i have read is cr@p, also read somewhere you can use Corel Draw along side this?

Anyway moshidraw downloaded, machine all plugged in ready to go, the problem I have is when I connect the machine to my computer via the USB it does not recognise it and just keeps looking for software to download. From the instructions recieved with the machine it states just to download moshidraw and you should be ready to go, but it just comes up with usb not connected in moshidraw software. Am i missing something here as I have not been provided with any more software to download.

Really need some help and the seller on ebay is about as good as a chocolate fire guard.

Many Thanks

Check USB cable.
    It happens cable needs to be replaced.
    When machine is conncted to computer and everything is OK you will see diode shining on machine mainboard near USB port.
    If there`s no diode - there`s no connection between software and mainboard
    Regards
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Contact Shenhui directly , they have a few ppl on skype that can help
    Blanca Yan (blanca610616) and yarde feng (yardefeng on skype)

When I bought a very similar machine (which I got last week) it came with a disk with Moshidraw on it - that seemed to install the laser cutter drivers for me.

Which version of Moshidraw are you using and on what operating system?
    As Rodney says though, skype might be a reasonable plan if you're awake when they are.

I just got my KC-40III had the same problem, but it's fairly easy to fix. The driver is in the moshidraw directory, just tell windows to search there instead of the internet. Easiest way to do this is open up Device Manager (right click on my computer then select properties, and then select device manager) and find the usb device with the yellow exclamation point. Right click on it and say update driver. You should then have options to specify a directory to search through and just point that to the moshidraw directory.

Just an FYI MoshiDraw would crash outputting every time under Windows 7 for me. I had to revert the engraving machine to Windows XP. I also have CorelDraw setup. Just install CorelDraw to the same machine and then in select File -> Options in Moshidraw. There should be a button to "Link CorelDraw". It will add a toolbar in corel draw which lets you export ptl or bmp to moshidraw for cutting/engraving.

Ok i've had a problem with moshidraw now which is that it won't draw shapes/text/anything and it also won't open or import images. I'm going to try different compatibility options on Win 7 or go with Win XP if I have to...

Oh well my experience so far has still been better than I thought it would be. I can cope with some issues on a machine that cost me less than half a grand...

All these software programs use legacy versions of file types, if you're saving as a .AI file save it as compatible with version 7 or 8 not one of the CS types. I'm not very familiar with Corel, I use Adobe Illustrator for all my design work. I can't upload a .ai file or I would upload one for you to try to import. PM me with your email and I can email it directly to you.

Oh it's not the file types - I don't get that far - I just click open and it throws up some error that's in random characters or closes itself

Ahhh ok. I'd contact Shenhi Laser and tell them what's wrong and request another copy of the software, it may be a corrupt copy.

It's not corrupt software, as I've downloaded a newer version than what was shipped and it did the same thing. Also the problem manifest itself even when you draw straight in Moshidraw with out other applications. Fundamentally Moshidraw seems to be broken under Windows 7.

At this point I'm ok with Windows XP as I have a old computer doing nothing but running the laser. I use CorelDraw on my laptop to do the drawings and just transfer to the engraving machine to output.

I'm also pretty happy so far especially give the price of these machines. I get my first batch of materials today and will hopefully be giving it a good workout over the weekend to see if it holds up to some real use, vs the easy tests I've done so far.

Well that saves me some hassle then.
    What did you try on Win 7? Installing it in compatibilty mode? Running in compatibility mode?

All of the above. I tried base Win 7 (32bit)... SP1. Run as administrator, run as admin with xp compatibility mode. Install as admin, install as admin in compatibility mode. No matter what I did it would error out trying to output and give me a Data Conversion Error.

The only thing it would do is cut out the outline of the document by clicking fixed position. Worked first time like a charm in windows xp sp3.

I managed to get it to draw by creating a new blank sheet but no doubt I'll have issues with it still anyway so I'll get on and install Win XP this weekend.

Still need to finish putting the thing back together before I can actually cut anything but home lasercut parts are in sight

Ok hi i have one of those machine i just buy it last week and when i installed the software in the computer and put the drivers and everything. I see the laser machine in the device manager when i plug it in but not in the moshidraw software when i select output printer. Can somebody help me with this please.

I have a similiar machine running Moshidraw. It does not output as a printer. To make a cut you must first draw the part in a drawing program such as Corel Draw or directly on the Moshi screen. Example:
    1. Make a small box or circle within the red box on the opening screen
    2. On the dropdown menus, select output and the selection
    3. A new screen opens up. On the right of this screen, select the outline option. At this point, you must select your speed (this is the line just under carving). I use 5 for cutting 1/8" plywood. Then your output power via the potentiometer on the control panel, I use 10 Ma for the 1/8" plywood. You are now ready to make the cut. Select output from the menu on the right. It will them present a window for the type of unit you are using, select ok on the bottom if it matches your machine. It will calculate the cut and ask if you want to make the cut, click yes. It should start to make the cut in the material.

This is by no means the best answer for you as I am sitting here watching TV before I go to work. So I am not 100% sure of the nomenclature used on the various screens. Any other questions, just ask.

Milt

I've gotten everything to work up this point. But when I click inside corel draw to export bmp all I get is "loading."

Make sure that, in Moshi, you start with a new file from a blank. There should be no other open files on the bitmap side of Moshi. In other words, start with a clean opening of Moshi. If you are going to send a PLT file over to Moshi from Corel, this will not apply, the PLT side will take the file regardless of how many times you have done a transfer. Glad to hear that you are up and running. Any other questions, I am on here every day, for a short time at least.

Milt

Starting on the Moshi side with a new blank

Did that. Still just says "load....." from Corel Draw. What should happen next? Should it go to the Output page or just instantly start cutting or what?

The 'LOADING" should stop showing, at this point go back to Moshi and it should be there. It will automatically start cutting if you have output checked in the little square next to it in Moshi. Are you on SKYPE? If so, I am milton.maxson.

Milt

Hi i have the shenhui k40 machine and i will like to know if some one knows how to align the laser on the machine. If there is a way to do it or something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12