586,719 active members*
3,250 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 18-M communication problem

I have a Johnford SV45 with a Fanuc 18-M control. We bought it about a year ago and had to let it set for a while. Back in the winter I lost all the Parameters because the backup battery died. So I got the parameters downloaded from my labtop using the RS232 port. Now I have time to mess with the machine and I can't get it to download a program. I'm using the same cable I used to download the parameters a while back and SDNC software to communicate. I go through all the process and when the controller flashes LSK I send the program and nothing happens at controller, it continues to flash LSK. Any suggestions on how to communicate through the RS232, that is how I communicate with my other machines.

Also this machine has a labtop with ethernet that came with it. I have not been able to get it to communicate. I have all the parameters set for RS232. DO you have to change any para to use this ethernet. It has a Black Box Mini 10 base T Transceiver hooked into the AUI CD27 slot inside the cabnet. ANd the computer has a hyperterminal setup to communicate through. I am not familiar with ethernet. I have been on the phone with FANUC and Black Box with not much luck yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Nevermind, I've been working on this machine for 4 days and just now figured it out. I had a pin pushed back to far in one of my RS232 plugs and had the parity set at odd when it needed to be even.

Anyone know anything about the ethernet box hooked up. Is it something I need to look into since it is on there.

The laptop might have been used to connect to a Data Server. If so, there should be a unit that looks like the attached .jpg.

Then again, I could be all wet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Data Server A02B-0213-J001.jpg