587,614 active members*
3,647 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Considering buying BCC V.28

Hybrid View

Re: Considering buying BCC V.28

Can't you simply answer the question. I don't care how many years experience you have this is not a question of your background. 50 years between the two of you and you are still using a simple program like this. This is my hobby yes and have been with bobcad for 20 years. If you do not like my opinion or the fact I am not afraid to post what I pay then don't answer it is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tormachmaster View Post
    Can't you simply answer the question. I don't care how many years experience you have this is not a question of your background. 50 years between the two of you and you are still using a simple program like this. This is my hobby yes and have been with bobcad for 20 years. If you do not like my opinion or the fact I am not afraid to post what I pay then don't answer it is that simple.
    Being factually incorrect in your opinion invalidates anything you have to say though...

ive been sitting silent for a week now watching you disparage the software and tout deskproto as a choice over bobcad, here in the bobcad forum....

Dont piss yourself about whether i work for bobcad or not.... its such a dead horse. Like your opinion.

This is what I said "Check out deskproto about 1200 and it is a simple program to get good code quick" A quote to others something to look at some may not like it some may I do not use it just put it out there. But yes it will put your simple code and quick from what I have seen.

Again "So you work for bobcad?" A question pretty simple? You quote "Being factually incorrect in your opinion invalidates anything you have to say though...Dont piss yourself about whether i work for bobcad or not.... its such a dead horse. Like your opinion. Honestly sounds like your feelings got a bit hurt....

This is what I said "Check out deskproto about 1200 and it is a simple program to get good code quick" A quote to others something to look at some may not like it some may I do not use it just put it out there. But yes it will put your simple code and quick from what I have seen.

Again "So you work for bobcad?" A question pretty simple? You quote "Being factually incorrect in your opinion invalidates anything you have to say though...Dont piss yourself about whether i work for bobcad or not.... its such a dead horse. Like your opinion. Honestly sounds like your feelings got a bit hurt....
    I actually don't have anything bad to say about Deskproto. But YOU, have been in the forum now for over a week spewing. It has become more than "you and your right to your opinion"...... Especially when any other opinion entered into the mix becomes a battle of wills with someone like you, who believes that everything should be left at your "right to your opinion"........ Pffffff.

The fact that you are factually incorrect in these posts you've been making looks like my feelings are hurt? lol

Or you and the sand in your vaj having the need to have me "working for BobCad"..... lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I actually don't have anything bad to say about Deskproto. But YOU, have been in the forum now for over a week spewing. It has become more than "you and your right to your opinion"...... Especially when any other opinion entered into the mix becomes a battle of wills with someone like you, who believes that everything should be left at your "right to your opinion"........ Pffffff.

The fact that you are factually incorrect in these posts you've been making looks like my feelings are hurt? lol

Or you and the sand in your vaj having the need to have me "working for BobCad"..... lmao.
    BurrMan sorry I hurt your feelings. Feel better now. Honestly I am factually wrong from your point of view.

BurrMan sorry I hurt your feelings. Feel better now. Honestly I am factually wrong from your point of view.
    I think he's gonna cry ladies and gentleman.... Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I think he's gonna cry ladies and gentleman.... Stay tuned.
    Letting it all out now. No stops or holds barred.....

Your are WRONG

Is there a file or part that stumped you

Us Dummies can do it I bet

no offense to my fellow hobbyist out there,,,but you have used BoB for 20 years and if your name reflects your machine,,,,you still using toys after 20 years,,,ouch

This is my hobby yes and have been with bobcad for 20 years. .
    This guy has been at it a lot longer than us SBC

He does not have to validate

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    This guy has been at it a lot longer than us SBC

He does not have to validate
    Yeah, I got to that part in the thread, lol. My bad.

Worshipping at the alter here at 7:00pm eastern time, V26 on this job.

Attachment 301534

But enough of that. To the OP, I know you already bought V28 but I would not have recommended it based on your needs. BobCAD is a great value but one of the things it's just not geared toward is making drawings. It is a CAD package, of course you can draw whatever you want that looks like an ANSI A 3-view print but do more than 12 drawings a year and you're going to want something that makes drawings "out of the box" (click-drag view).

And for (more or less) strictly 2D milling there may be other packages better suited. Not going to go into that here but the companies that devote their entire resource to 2.5D milling are pretty good at it.

BUT...you did say you want Lathe too and all of it for less than $2,000. That is tough. Probably doable with a mix of software - no doubt. I would vote BobCAD (if you do less than 12 drawings a year) just to keep everything under one roof, so to speak. You can mix a mill program and a lathe program (with a few caveats) in one file - all inside of your "CAD" file. That is the biggest reason we will be switching to a SW plugin. I like modeling in SW with data tables for families of parts and drawings are a snap. But then I have to save out in a "dumb" format (BobCAD will not accept SW configurations as far as I know) and import to BCC for toolpath. I want it all "under one roof" and I'm willing to pay for it.

I just have to decide if I want to stick with BCC if I go that route. The next software I purchase has to be 5 axis capable and for a $200,000 machine I'm not going to bargain basement shop for software.

Slightly different and maybe not as simple as Solidworks or AutoCad but it is failry simple to make a drawing in BobcadCam. Especially if you've become proficient with the software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gFPmWZIg1c