587,833 active members*
3,256 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 10M Rs232 Fried Board Solutions

Hybrid View

Re: Fanuc 10M Rs232 Fried Board Solutions

I got the machine running today after playing around with the options parameters and correcting a few small mistakes with the cables. The wiring for the CD2 port is a hard to understand in the old manual but it is clear in the newer one. (posted below for those who may have the old manual)

Fortunately the machine was not sitting around it was making money running simple programs hand typed in. I could not justify the cost getting a tech to fix the RS232 but Fordav is right if I had more complex jobs lined up the repair would have been much faster. Although knowing what I now know I the option 1 card is definitely a good option, much better that soldering the main board and it would not have taken very long if I knew what I was doing. Now if the chips fry on the option card I can simply take it out card to replace them.

Re: Fanuc 10M Rs232 Fried Board Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Hepha3stus View Post
    I got the machine running today after playing around with the options parameters and correcting a few small mistakes with the cables. The wiring for the CD2 port is a hard to understand in the old manual but it is clear in the newer one. (posted below for those who may have the old manual)

Fortunately the machine was not sitting around it was making money running simple programs hand typed in. I could not justify the cost getting a tech to fix the RS232 but Fordav is right if I had more complex jobs lined up the repair would have been much faster. Although knowing what I now know I the option 1 card is definitely a good option, much better that soldering the main board and it would not have taken very long if I knew what I was doing. Now if the chips fry on the option card I can simply take it out card to replace them.
    Hello Dear..

We have the same problem. I bought an option 1 board, A16B-1210-0350 and put it into it's slot.With the helps of the AL I set the parameters and made the cable connections.Again it gave some parameter errors, I still could not find the problem.May I ask how did you solve your problem? How did you make the cable connections and by using which parameters? Could you please help me with this? Thanks in advance.