I recently purchased a 97 4020, our first AC servo machine and I've been unable to boot up and run the machine.

Upon power up the machine either opens up the startup screen or sometimes it loads up a command prompt which commands you to jog the axis to zero and cold start.

Oddly, you can jog all three axis, but only in one direction.

Most keys on the keyboard do nothing but (tool in/out) button prompts screen changes and the manual and jog buttons allow for the limited movements of the axis in one direction. Unfortunately, the start buttons do nothing to initialize the machine and I cannot type anything onto the display with the keypad to check settings, parameters, ect.

The tool carrousel buttons actually rotate the tool changer.

Overall its a strange machine which I'm sure has an odd history. It has a 30 tool carousel changer, 15K spindle, a tool setter, and at one time it appears to have had a pallet changer and programmable coolant nozzle there have since been removed. There is some interesting welding on the sheetmetal to seal things back up. Overall its in shockingly good condition for an 18 year old machine and obviously never spent any time in anything resembling a production shop. Supposedly it ran in the last shop it was in but I have no contact with the previous owner.

I've reseated the boards, memory, checked the control battery ect with no success.

Thanks for the input. I'm lost on this one.