587,865 active members*
3,152 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Hobbycnc (Products) > Output pins in Hobby CNC PRO BOARDS and Mach 3

Output pins in Hobby CNC PRO BOARDS and Mach 3

Hello

I have a Hobby CNC Pro 4AXIS controller board. I need connect some optical switches for homing, also I need connect a SSR to start/stop router and dust extraction.

ABOUT OPTICAL SWITCHES
    My optical switches were in a dot printer, the are 3 leads ( Electrical Supply,Ground,and Input pin).
    Where in board can I take a electric signal for energize optical switch
    Its necessary set a Resistance between electric source and input pin selected for home switch?
    How tells Mach than this is an output for X electric value for Optical Switch

ABOUT OUTPUT PINS AND MACH

In Hobby CNC Pro Controller are output pins holes but are not connected , attach image.

Can I solder a connector in output pins holes, to attach a SSR?
    Where can I take a ground connector?
    Can I connect a SSR directly to any output?
    It's neccesary connect a Resistance between output pins and SSR?
    How tells Mach than M8-M9 commands do a job in selected pins?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sorry my bad English. Hope you understand.

Regards

Rene

The limit switch just senses an open or closed circuit. The voltage to supply the optical sensor would have to be powered seperately from the board ( a wall wart would work). See link if it will let you, if not join the yahoo group also. http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0HPoSwD...h%20Hookup.pdf
    The ss relays will operate via gcode and will also require or share the external power supply mentioned above. If you try to get power from the board I believe it will interfere with the isolation of the Hobby cnc controller and throw a reset. You should be able to connect your relay to any output not being used.

Hi, thanks for your answer

My questions are simple, Controller has holes numerates with output pins, May I connect a SSR in this holes?

"The voltage to supply the optical sensor would have to be powered seperately from the board ( a wall wart would work)"

I dont understand good,please where can I take this voltage in controller?

Thanks in advance.

Rene

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4GLpS_w...%20Drivers.pdf
    Join the Yahoo group and get advice from the builder Dave Rigotti. You can solder to the pads on the board or install a connection block. I believe if you use the 5v provided by the PP only if your SS relay triggers on that low of a voltage. A wall wart is a transformer that plugs into the wall and supplies voltage in either ac or dc depending on the model. They usually come with any low voltage appliance such as cordless or cellular phones.

Good luck getting any help with this board. I bought one but never could get on the yahoo forum. I requested info on how to do it but.......No luck.

It's working but, I will think twice about buying another one, because I cant get on the forum to ask any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by kasari View Post
    Good luck getting any help with this board. I bought one but never could get on the yahoo forum. I requested info on how to do it but.......No luck.

It's working but, I will think twice about buying another one, because I cant get on the forum to ask any questions.
    I too had many problems getting on initially. I really never understood why. I had checked all of my filters and they werent holding me back. Something was stopping my mails though. It happened signing up here also and after many attempts a moderator physically entered me and I have never received a confirmation. Happy I persisted on both accounts! PM me if you need help getting on, I will try to bring it to their attention. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Dave's product.

I bought a Mini DC relay from CNC4, model C9, I think that works for my project.
    Regards
    Rene