587,547 active members*
3,173 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Harley Davidson Logo

Looking for a high quality all vector Harley Logo useful for V Carving..

Most corporate logo's are copyrighted and not allowed to be posted here.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The method in this article may prove useful.
    Technical support for customers of Torchmate CNC Cutting Systems.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Bob

"Bad decisions make good stories."

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Most corporate logo's are copyrighted and not allowed to be posted here.
    Aye... That makes sense

Just curious for those who know, does Harley have a problem with people making stuff with their logo?

Seems like they get a 'ton' of free advertising and brand promotion from all the stuff people do with their logo..

I bet if they really limited it's use, they'd lose a boatload of sales... So do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaincraft View Post
    Aye... That makes sense

Just curious for those who know, does Harley have a problem with people making stuff with their logo?

Seems like they get a 'ton' of free advertising and brand promotion from all the stuff people do with their logo..

I bet if they really limited it's use, they'd lose a boatload of sales... So do they?
    i don't know if they softened up in later years , but your talking about a company that tried to copyright the sound of their bikes

Quote Originally Posted by holbieone View Post
    i don't know if they softened up in later years , but your talking about a company that tried to copyright the sound of their bikes
    LOL...

I was just curious.. Because you see people selling stuff with their logo 'everywhere'... It's become a symbol of an entire culture...

I was just wondering.. I'm sure they have all the standard copyright warnings and legal mumbo jumbo.. but do they really care about all that stuff out there?... which is a different thing..

Because it seems to me that it 'helps' sell bikes... Bigtime... It's free advertising, and helps foster the almost cult like following of customers with religious loyalty, all over the world....

They cannot do anything about it if you use their mark for personal projects. If you start selling things then you are opening yourself up for trouble. Most likely you would receive a cease and desist letter before any legal action. I am sure they like free advertising, but if you pay them for using their mark then it is paid advertising. You pay to advertise for them. Your product is also more marketable due to their mark being on it so they will want a piece of the pie.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by keebler303 View Post
    They cannot do anything about it if you use their mark for personal projects. If you start selling things then you are opening yourself up for trouble. Most likely you would receive a cease and desist letter before any legal action. I am sure they like free advertising, but if you pay them for using their mark then it is paid advertising. You pay to advertise for them. Your product is also more marketable due to their mark being on it so they will want a piece of the pie.

Matt

That's understood and all well and good (hey that rhymes!)
    But you're missing my point...

If you go an event (take Sturgis for example) where a whole bunch of Bikers are gathering, there are mom and pops everywhere selling their wares.. Harley Logos all over the place.. Tatoo parlors applying tatoos.. Bikes and trikes painted with custom versions of the logo, cars and trucks with it... belt buckles, vests, jackets, patches, decals, etc. everywhere...

Harley Davidson has a presence at such events, yet, you don't see them running around with their lawyers telling everyone to 'shut it down'...

There is stuff 'all over' the internet, that is almost guaranteed not to be paying royalty rights to HD.. But no one is shutting them down..

So I was just curious whether there is an "official legal policy" and and "unofficial practical policy".. I'm speaking more to their actual attitude towards such things, as opposed to official company documents that lawyers have drawn up...

And I wonder how prevalent such attitudes are in regards to other major brands.. (ie Coca cola, budwieser, Chevrolet, etc.)..

Seems like it would be counter productive to a company's goals to go around telling people not to advertise their products for them....

OTOH, you have entities like the NFL, that guard their brands with gestapo like ferocity, and simultaneously make it near impossible for the small guy to do it the legit way...

Any hardcore Harley riders out there that care to weigh in on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaincraft View Post
    That's understood and all well and good (hey that rhymes!)
    But you're missing my point...
    It is illegal to use their mark on goods you intend to sell unless you have their written permission.

Some info here: eBay View About Me for hdlegal

Questions here: [email protected]

Are all those vendors selling officially licensed merchandise? Probably not.
    Do the big ones (ones HD can keep track of) get in legal trouble? I'd say yes if they ignore earlier warnings to stop doing what they are doing.
    Will you get into trouble for it? Who knows, that's a risk any person takes when they break the law.

So what is your point? Everyone else is breaking the law so it should be ok for me too? If you are making a plaque for your brother-in-law i'd say don't worry about it. If you plan on making a business of it, you better weigh the risks of your actions.

That is all
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by keebler303 View Post
    It is illegal to use their mark on goods you intend to sell unless you have their written permission.

Some info here: eBay View About Me for hdlegal

Questions here: [email protected]

Are all those vendors selling officially licensed merchandise? Probably not.
    Do the big ones (ones HD can keep track of) get in legal trouble? I'd say yes if they ignore earlier warnings to stop doing what they are doing.
    Will you get into trouble for it? Who knows, that's a risk any person takes when they break the law.

So what is your point? Everyone else is breaking the law so it should be ok for me too? If you are making a plaque for your brother-in-law i'd say don't worry about it. If you plan on making a business of it, you better weigh the risks of your actions.

That is all
    Matt

I told you my point, but I can't read and comprehend it for you too.... I can only tell it to you... In fact, I printed it out in plain English.. My point is that I was curious if there is an 'official policy' vs an 'unofficial policy'

I'm not even talking about me... I was just curious... In fact I said that 'several' times...

I was wondering if anyone could shed light on this seeming contradiction in that a company would actively work to keep people from advertising their brand.. Just seemed 'anti-success'....

I wasn't looking for a lecture on ethics...

"THAT IS ALL"

I was wondering if anyone could shed light on this seeming contradiction
    It's only a contradiction in your eyes. In their eyes, it's money out of their pockets.
    How many $20,000 items have you purchased because you saw a logo on a T-shirt?

Buy controlling their trademark, they make millions of dollars in merchandising, which pays for real advertising that does far more good.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I hear what you're saying.. But it seems like certain brands are like a religion...

Not a big deal.. I'm making a box for a gift in the family...

Hardly worth their trouble.. But if they want, they can come after all my vast nothing...

LOL