587,782 active members*
2,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > HARLEY CYLINDER HEADS ?

HARLEY CYLINDER HEADS ?

Just wanted to see if anybody was willing to put up some harley davidson cylinder head cad file ?

I have a hard tail chopper frame that a buddy of mine that used to own a bike shop gave to me that I'm looking to get together. It's the bent up rails and forks, need to re sand or sand blast and chrome or paint haven't decided that yet, but thats far away, I still have to weld it all together. Need to fit a engine to it first, I'm looking to go about things as cheaply as possible and build as much of the components as I can. Looking for 1340cc cylinder head cad files or 1690cc cad files, but would enjoy looking over any size if you'd like to post. Stock head files would be very apreciative for, I plan on modifying them any way. I figure I can save some cash if I machine my own heads, not to mention all the fun it'd be. Thanks everybody

Question

Cncjunky,

Are you sure you want to do all that work?

You can buy a set of complete heads for $150.00

http://tinyurl.com/qbd5kc

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

I don't have my files for the HD any more, didn't think anybody was interested in them. The files I do have are for a different bike and wouldn't be of any help to you. It shouldn't take that long for you to take dimensions and model up a head for the V twin, couple of days maybe. When I started doing the HD as a CAD project I asked around at a lot of different boards for files so I understand why you're asking. Most of the responses convinced me that anybody that had gone through the trouble of collecting the data was somewhat reluctant to give away what they had labored at for for free. Some may also have felt that they were helping a potential competitor get started. Doing all the dimensioning/modeling yourself can be quite time consuming but think of the fun it will be. Sorry I can't be of further help.

How-D Jeff, guess you ride too.:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by roninB4 View Post
    I don't have my files for the HD any more, didn't think anybody was interested in them. The files I do have are for a different bike and wouldn't be of any help to you. It shouldn't take that long for you to take dimensions and model up a head for the V twin, couple of days maybe. When I started doing the HD as a CAD project I asked around at a lot of different boards for files so I understand why you're asking. Most of the responses convinced me that anybody that had gone through the trouble of collecting the data was somewhat reluctant to give away what they had labored at for for free. Some may also have felt that they were helping a potential competitor get started. Doing all the dimensioning/modeling yourself can be quite time consuming but think of the fun it will be. Sorry I can't be of further help.

How-D Jeff, guess you ride too.:cheers:
    No doubt, competition is alot of it and the all their time they put into it , I don't really blame them. Right now it is just for fun. I might be stuck having to just buy some heads, I know it's alot of work Jeff, but I think it would be alot of fun building my own. I'd like to build the whole engine from ground up. We have a big cylinder block boaring machine that would work perfect to do so, first I have to come up with pre existing to go off of and tinker around with it. Thanks though, appreciate it if some one would cough up a file or 2