586,067 active members*
5,205 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Fanuc 10M Spindle Drive Trouble

Fanuc 10M Spindle Drive Trouble

Hi,

I have an older Leadwell VMC with a Fanuc 10M Control. I had been running the same part for quite a while and the machine was running fine. I programmed another job and noticed that the spindle would only run 2 speeds (1) when programmed at or below 1100 rpm and(2) when programmed 1100 or over. So, until I had time to look into the problem, I kept running at the higher speed.

Not long after, the spindle alarmed out (#2 LED on spindle drive) and was running ROUGH. motor was loud and skipping.

Today I removed the Honda connectors to the spindle drive, cleaned the pins, connectors etc., started the machine, and it was running a lot smoother, but only 2 speeds still.

When I run the spindle manually with the rheostat control, I noticed that the spindle load was about 30% until the knob passed the midway point. Then the spindle load maxed out and ran rough.

I spoke to a few local techs and have been told that it was a sensor in the spindle motor and was an easy fix. I have also been told that it is a spindle drive problem with a hefty price tag.

I dumped the parameters a while ago and am not sure if the speeds ever changed correctly when I reentered the parameters

I want to be sure that what is done is needed and not a waste.

So, I am wondering if this has happened to anyone and what to do to fix it,or to at least try to isolate the problem

Spindle motor: A06B 1006 B100

Drive A20B 0009 0530

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

Re: Fanuc 10M Spindle Drive Trouble

I know this is an old thread , but i had this problem. It was the Square sine wave feed back setting out of sync. It was fixed with an Ohm meter and manually spinning the spindle by hand while power was off so set it back properly.

Can anyone explain exactly how to reset the sensor?

Thanks!

Mike,

I helped my CNC repair guy. You need 2 people. One to spin the spindle and the other to read the meter and adjust the "clock face" wheel on the spindle drive board. Im sure if you explain to a tech guy exactly what you want him to do, instead of him troubleshooting it wont cost much. It took us 10 mins. (plus milage, plus lunch, ))