586,035 active members*
3,712 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Coolant recommendations

Coolant recommendations

Going to be getting a Torus Pro Servo mill shortly at work. For cutting aluminum, I've been using Kool Mist 78 with their misters on the small mills we have now. Has worked well up to now. But since the Torus Pro has the nice, new flood coolant chip tray, I'm going to need to get my feet wet with flood coolant (pun intended). Mostly cutting aluminum, R&D and light production quantities of parts, so ultimate machining performance and surface finish are not that important. Most important qualities are no rust, no bad smell, and long sump life. Did a few searches on the forums, and Hocut 795-B and Blasocut 2000 get good reviews. What do you guys recommend?

Joe

Re: Coolant recommendations

I use RustLick WS-5050, mixed for a Brix of about 4.0. Works very well. KoolMist is terrible for drilling, which is the primary reason I switched.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Look ay Blasocut 2000-CF. The CF stands for Chlorine Free specifically for aluminum. Have used for 3-4 years, no bad smells, sump grunge or any other nasty side effects.

John

I use blasocut 2000. Love it. Mixed at 10%

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk

We use blaso as well. Holds up well if we can keep the operators mixing it correctly and not put other crap in it. Once they decide to re-engineer the solution, goes bad in a day.

TrimSol (will get the right number)

Does occasionally leave some light rusting on my vise and table...

I'll put my 2 cents in too. I am running Rustlick Ultracut 380R. Attached is the data sheet. I picked it because it was rated for everything but magnesium and because my machine is in an minimally temperature controlled garage and the corrosion protection that Rustlick is known for. I have just been using it in a squirt bottle at 10% so far, because I don't have my coolant collection system done. But it makes a noticeable difference in surface finish and cutter chatter when I use it.

I read some people using Blasocut 2000 complained it removed paint from their machines. Anyone have that problem?

Joe

No paint removal issues at all.
    John

I used blaser 4000 strong for years, good stuff but the price just keeps jumping up and up on it..... I switched to Trim E206 and it works just as good if not better for half the price,,, I watch enco 20% off sales and free shipping and order 6 buckets at a time. every machine that I stuck it in 2 1/2 years ago still has not been changed , its holding up GREAT and so is the paint . I would not change back even if they were the same price.