587,087 active members*
2,954 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Yaskawa Sigma 7

what does "run" code mean?! my cnc never worked , on the nc studio says xyz servo alarm , and the servo drives label "run" please help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Re: Yaskawa Sigma 7

This is the manual for yaskawa driver I think it will help you

Try this manual - I am getting a similar drive so I thought I'd see what I could find. http://www.fishersolutions.com.au/Documents/%CE%A3-7%20EtherCat%20manual.pdf.

The 'run' code might just mean the connection is OK - its not really listed anywhere that I saw.

If I were doing this and had nothing to go on, I'd swap my x servo pack with my y servo pack and see if the error followed the swap or remained on the same axis. If it follows the servo pack (ie switches axises), my guess is that there is something wrong with the servo pack or its settings or wiring. If it stays with the axis, then I'd then swap the motor connections and see if the issue is in the motor. After that, you might be able to narrow it down or at least dig in.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

gfacer2

By the photo there is nothing wrong with the Servo Drive, you don't just go swap these drives around, as if there was a problem, you would damage the next Drive also, it could be just, control software to setup or a parameter in the Servo Drives that needs to be changed, to get him going, if the Drives look like this they are good to go

You could get ( down load ) the Yaskawa software and control and setup the Servo Drives from your computer, to get that part working, you will need the correct cable, PC to the Servo Drive to do this

You can also use a Jog function direct from the Servo Drive, to test that the Servo Drive is working, this is very easy to do, depending on what model Servo Drive you have, they all have this function but are done different ways, some direct on the Servo Drive and some with a remote hand control, plus with there PC control software
    Mactec54

BarziCNC

I should've said what this means a little better, It means the the Servo Motor has power

These Servo Drives should be turned on with the power to the L1C & L2C Terminals first then the main power to the Servo Drive, there has to be a delay between the two, so check that you are turning on the power to the L1C & L2C Terminals First, some photos of your control, and Power up Switches/Buttons, would help to see what you have
    Mactec54

so you mean other than NCstudio and the driver for the motion controller card , I need to have other software installed ?

thanks for the reply , but i have ordered the cnc from a manufacture they must have connected everything the way it should be .

okey i will try to do a servo drive test if i find the cables , but why there would be a problem with a brand new cnc ?

Quote Originally Posted by BarziCNC View Post
    thanks for the reply , but i have ordered the cnc from a manufacture they must have connected everything the way it should be .
    That doesn't mean something did not come loose in transit nor that some setting was altered or corrupted. The manufacturer should be able to help but in these situations, it is best to try and help them help you. The program mactec54 mentions is the SigmaWin Plus Software for Sigma Series Servos available on their website. It is basically a diagnostic program for the servo pack.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Quote Originally Posted by BarziCNC View Post
    Yes they may have connected everything correct, do you have a start up procedure, the servo drives are not in the right mode to run, which can be mean different things, one as I said the startup procedure, first the logic (L1C & L2C ) power needs to be turned on the servo drive, to initialise the drive, then the main power is turned on, if this is not done this way, the servo drives will not setup correctly, there needs to be a delay, between the Logic & the main Power on

They also may not of set the servo drive parameters correct, or it can be the signal from your control not communicating with the servo drives
    Mactec54