587,402 active members*
3,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

XYZ-Tech (Exlas) machines and my experience.

So far I'm extremely pleased with the whole process, Mike at XYZ-Tech has answered more questions than any CS person should have to lol. The shipment was uneventful but for all US customers be prepared to pay about $800 more for your shipments to clear customs. That has nothing to do with XYZ-Tech, but fees, and that you need to have 2 types of bonds on the import, and lots of other things, anyone who wants details, email me I'll send you a copy of my invoices so you can see in detail what US customs charges are. I would suggest if you are going to order multiple pieces of equipment, do it all at once to minimize your customs charges. I ordered 3 pieces of equipment. The Exlas 1280 Laser, 4040 CNC router engraver, and a 32" vinyl cutter.

My only regret is that I didn't get a larger CNC...

I had to unpack the crates and run and move out of my old house and into my new one. So photos are just the first of many. This is fresh out of the crate, and looks superb!!! Packing was awesome, looks like maybe bamboo sheeting with steel square tubing for the crate of the pallet. No noticible rust or damage from the trip. Doors open and close just fine. Tomorrow I will go through the electronics and check connections. Later this week, if nothing else goes wrong, I will have electrical done in the shop and will be able to fire these up for a test run by Friday. More info and photos to come tomorrow evening.
    Workshop

Crate

Exlas 1280

Unwrapped 1280

XYZ-Tech 4040

Sorry for the long delay, moving is taking more time than it should.

220v 50/60Hz filter
    DSCN0434 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Back Panel 220v input, air, water and USB cable.
    DSCN0447 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Control Panel
    DSCN0438 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Electrical panel 1
    DSCN0437 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Electrical panel 2
    DSCN0436 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I will post more after the camera charges back up.

try it !!! :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by bpoulin View Post
    Sorry for the long delay, moving is taking more time than it should.

220v 50/60Hz filter
    DSCN0434 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Back Panel 220v input, air, water and USB cable.
    DSCN0447 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Control Panel
    DSCN0438 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Electrical panel 1
    DSCN0437 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Electrical panel 2
    DSCN0436 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I will post more after the camera charges back up.

I can't wait to try it, but alas, the bad weather has put off running the wire from the meter to the shop. Saturday looks like a dry semi warm day. If we get the wire ran then, we can call the elect company Monday for a hookup time/day. Trust me the minute I have elect out there I will do something with it.

I am sure you will :-)

(by the way, very nice pictures of that old farm on your Flickr account )

So I got power to the laser on sunday, and spent monday and tuesday (only a few hrs a day due to prior engagement.) setting up the software. Warning to others, Lasercut 5.3 isn't windows 7 friendly. It will work, Mike and Tony at XYZ helped me get through the install and driver install for the dongle. But it's not as simple as plug and play. The biggest hurdle I had was last night when I first tried to align the laser. I couldn't get it to fire. Mike walked me through a bunch of comon problems, and finally I found the problem, a plug on the power supply had wiggled loose in transit. After plugging it back in, no more problems! I spent this morning aligning the laser, that took about 2 hours by my self. It would have gone quicker with a helper. The machine was actually very close to aligned right out of the box, but I'm a perfectionist. I spent the rest of this afternoon burning random pieces of wood laying around the shop, and playing in Illustrator designing stuff. I'll post pics later, it's getting late tonight. I found a wonderful scroll pattern that I need to find a bigger piece of wood for. The design is too small for a 2.5" piece of scrap wood. Videos and Photos to follow tomorrow.

Exlas laser

Hi i am new here i also received the 1280 i got my machine shipped to New Zealand took a Few hours to get set up was not a problem couple of things to adjust but nothing major i had an issue with the laser tube with air bubbles appearing in the tube and causing it to crack got a replacement on the way
    the must have started small and gathered into one big bubble causing a part of the tube to over heat and crack the laser cut 5.1 was easy to get going
    just trying to fiqure out how to use the rotary attachment now my new tube should be here next week gonna try out engraving on all sorts of surfaces and will post pics and i also heard about windows 7 issues so i use and xp pc for running the machine was easy to do

Sox

Sox: I had to tilt the tube so the side closest to the power input was down and turn the chiller on and off until there were no bubbles on start up. That's when the bubbles break free. Then once the bubbles were all gone I re-aligned the laser and now I have a TINY bubble, aboout half the size of a pin head that is stuck, but that's the only bubble.

Exlas laser engraver

I got the new laser tubes machine is working nicley
    i am having trouble with the rotary attachment i can engrave small objects
    but once i go to a bigger object such as a bottle or glass
    the words strech and i cannot find or work out how
    to change the settings for using the rotary attachment i seen a post
    where the settings where changed but i could not find it
    in the laser cut 5.3 software

any help would be welcomed

Congratulation

Hi bpoulin
    Congratulation on your EXLAS, I hope you will like this machine, we did order EXLAS 1280 one year ago, it is running perfectly nice, we do have another old EPLOG, believe me you can do allot with this machine , but you have to be careful with cooling the water.
    a friend ask me to cut 80mg, paper as a business cards, I thought it will not be a good idea, I was wrong, it comes very nice cutting and clean, I put power as 10, and speed as 100.
    i would like to add the photos, but i dont know how.
    i add it in my facebook,
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1226550125

i hope you can see it

if you need any help with your new machine, I would like to help, (in my free time)

bye

business card cutting

Hi Kabli just show some pictures we made,:violin:
    thick white card paper(thickness of a regular business card).Cut out the little squares and leave the grid behind.
    The idea is to procuce cut quality as clean as clean and sharp as possible,with minimum burn mark.
    16% power of 80w laser tube,speed200mm/s
    mike
    Quote Originally Posted by kabli View Post
    Hi bpoulin
    Congratulation on your EXLAS, I hope you will like this machine, we did order EXLAS 1280 one year ago, it is running perfectly nice, we do have another old EPLOG, believe me you can do allot with this machine , but you have to be careful with cooling the water.
    a friend ask me to cut 80mg, paper as a business cards, I thought it will not be a good idea, I was wrong, it comes very nice cutting and clean, I put power as 10, and speed as 100.
    i would like to add the photos, but i dont know how.
    i add it in my facebook,
    Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

i hope you can see it

if you need any help with your new machine, I would like to help, (in my free time)

bye
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_2437.jpg   DSC_2428.jpg   EXLAS1410LASER.jpg   DSP_usb_port_1613.jpg  

So far so good with the exlas 1280?

Hi guys
    I'm thinking of buying an exlas 1280. I'm curious to know how has your experience been so far.

All details welcome..

Thanks!

d.

EXLAS1280

Hi diegope,
    this is Mike,I see your origin is UK,
    I have client from Hertfordshire,email me and i tell you his detail info,you can ask some qtons about us,
    If further more details abt machine,just let me know,I will response instantly!
    Mike Wang
    [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]
    -----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by diegope View Post
    Hi guys
    I'm thinking of buying an exlas 1280. I'm curious to know how has your experience been so far.

All details welcome..

Thanks!

d.

We have just bought EXLAS 6090 machine with servos.
    This was the first and last machine we bought from this "company".
    We are reselling machines in Europe and we are testing different suppliers.
    Exlas came full of dirts and scratches on paintings.
    Scratches were made BEFORE they send machine. (Have pictures sent by them).
    Many threads were damaged.
    Upper cover mounts were moving asides during opening ans closing.
    Also because of damaged threads but mostly because of wrong (thin) material it was made of.
    Some places were rusted.
    Upper cover dampers were to strong.
    During opening they tried to push cover to the ceiling.
    We had to exchange for others.
    Exhaust system was not complete.

We spent more than month welding, painting, repairing and rebuilding that piece of ****.
    Fortunately we also build CNC machines (larger) so we know how to do it.

Conclusion: NEVER MORE EXLAS nor XYZ
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Smile XYZ-Tech

Can you please send us some photos of what you receive , please ?
    I have just ordered a machine from them and hope get a better quality product in all the aspects.
    Cheers.

Please accept my sincere apology.-mike

Hi Sir,
    Thanks for your quick response, and I understand now that your comments is fair comments !!
    I checked my colleague Amity,she said what your comments is true and you ordered a machine from her on July,2011.
    I also response factory that some bad details and machines were scratched,we will put acessories within their separate packing and avoid hit machine body while heavily shaking in transportation!so this scratched will never happen in future!Besides of that other details also need us to pay attention,I will double check the details where you refer to.
    Please accept my sincere apology to you!
    Best Regards/Mike
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by cinematic2 View Post
    We have just bought EXLAS 6090 machine with servos.
    This was the first and last machine we bought from this "company".
    We are reselling machines in Europe and we are testing different suppliers.
    Exlas came full of dirts and scratches on paintings.
    Scratches were made BEFORE they send machine. (Have pictures sent by them).
    Many threads were damaged.
    Upper cover mounts were moving asides during opening ans closing.
    Also because of damaged threads but mostly because of wrong (thin) material it was made of.
    Some places were rusted.
    Upper cover dampers were to strong.
    During opening they tried to push cover to the ceiling.
    We had to exchange for others.
    Exhaust system was not complete.

We spent more than month welding, painting, repairing and rebuilding that piece of ****.
    Fortunately we also build CNC machines (larger) so we know how to do it.

Conclusion: NEVER MORE EXLAS nor XYZ

We just received a EXLAS 1410 recently, actually, just got it inside the building today.

First impressions were very good, certainly not as good as they could or should be.
    1) Scratched paint and touched up with a brush.

2) Top clear plastic cover had not been protected during build then quickly wiped off with dirty rag which left some scratches and smear marks of the still present dust.

3) loose bolts on Z axis, some had even fallen out, this is not shipping issue it is employee not tightening properly.

4) Only a fair fit of doors and top cover, this may improve after leveling.

5) Some dirt, oil, chips, wire strands from cutting were left and not cleaned up for final inspection, which makes me wonder if they even have a final inspection or have properly instructed employees that this is not acceptable.

6) Electrical looks quite good in routing and appearance.

7) I was told it would be be tested for function, this is highly doubtful that it ever was.

8) A very poorly drilled and mounted first mirror station, this is not a big deal really just so totally unnecessary and non-professional.

9) Shipping box was very good and sturdy, unfortunately the manner the laser was secured to the crate bottom was not dependable, breaking three of the 4 leveling pads. Note: They did replace those immediately upon notice.

All said, (at this point) I would purchase from them again, they kept their word on pricing, shipping and very attentive to questions with prompt emails.

Mostly the complaints are cosmetic issues and likely before it is over will look worse, still, most of it should not be, while these machines are significantly less then ones here in the USA they are by no means cheap and should show near perfection when received. I believe they are paying attention to matters and hopefully, they will continue to improve their attention to detail in production and quality control.
    Still lots to be learned so more later.

Ken

This is not the and of story.
    We painted body, repaired mechanical problems and started working.
    And what we have here?
    Super expensive RECI laser do not work.
    It starts stable working from about 25% of power!!
    So we ask XYZ and RECI what is going on?
    Both them say it is OK!

I had more than 50-60 chinese lasers and NO ONE starts with 25%.
    Normal for chinese lasers is 12-13%

But for Reci and XYZ there is no problem.

Thanks God we didnt order more lasers from Reci.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reci.jpg  
    CNC lasers, constructions, service