586,036 active members*
4,321 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

X252 lasercutter

I have been using a GCC LaserPro X252 cutter now for about 6 months almost continuously. But today when cutting some balsa parts for a model, it decided to go so slow around a curve it set fire to the material. This has never happened at all before, it generally doesn't slow down that much for curves and this particular part has been cut several times before without incident.

I have since put in and cut a different part which I know not to do this, and the same thing happened on that.

Any ideas as to what is going on? Have I accidently altered a setting somewhere? has the software become corrupt? I have been through the driver intereface several times now and can see nothing different to what has been used before, please help if you can

Dylan

Re: X252 lasercutter

I think I may have got to the bottom of this one. When using a CAD drawing in CorelDraw and I want to make a holding tab on the piece, i have to break the line, this then converts the line back to its original state it was in in the CAD software, ie hundreds of nodes on the curve, therefore slowing down the cutting process. I have yet to find a way of making the line whole again after breaking it in Corel.

You shouldn't have to break the line. Just make a rectangle and weld it in.

Hola tengo una láser pro x252 y al cortar madera (MDF) de 3 o 6 milímetros no los corta bien o tengo que poner muy poca velocidad y demasiado poder para que lo pueda cortar, casi siempre corto el MDF en los siguientes parámetros Speed: 1.5 Power: 95 y la de 6 milímetros Speed: 0.7 Power: 98.
    Espero me puedan ayudar