587,790 active members*
3,618 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > x form translate short cut keys

x form translate short cut keys

i just started a new job using x. when i select an object and go to x form translate and pick the "move" icon i am given the option to select the to and from point. my question is that at my last job i could hit "e" for end of the line, "o" for origin and so on. how do i turn that option on? right now i have to click on the drop down menu to select my to and from point.

I assume you were using V9 before and now your using X. Even when you picked E for endpoint, you still had to pick the end point of some geometry. With the Autocursor active, you simply move your cursor over the endpoint you want and your cursor should change to show it's selecting the endpoint of the geometry. Just click it. If you want the Origin, just hit "O" and your should get the Origin (X3).

If your not getting the Origin, go to the AutoCursor bar (where you put in the X Y Z coordinates) and click on the " ! " (config) and check the box that says "Enable Power Keys".

For more information go to help and type in "Power Keys" then select "Autocursor Settings" (on the left). This will give you more information about the Power keys.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

i did what you said but i guess in x there is no option to enable power keys in that menu. and a search for powerkeys turned up nothing. is there another way to enable them?

Those power keys are not in X. I think they are new to X3.

But even so... The autocursor lets you mouse over anything you want to select and pick it easily. Unless you turned off the autocursor. If you mouse over the origin, it's easy to snap to.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More

thanks for your help i turned on auto cursor and it made it alot easier. i was using x2 and i will just have to get used to not having the power keys anymore.

I have had a similar problem switching to X2 from V9. I found the ! or autocursor options dialog box, but haven't been able to translate my selection to the origin.

What I found was the Fast Point entry box: Just enter 0,0,0 for origin instead.

i found a little work around for now being able to enable powerkeys. if you go to settings then key mapping and chose the auto cursor catagory, you then can assign a "short cut" key to what ever you want. i used ctrl o for origin and ctrl e for endpoint. you just cant use alt and a key or just a key. cloase to what i am used to and in time it will once again become 2nd nature.

the power key option in auto curser cam out in X2 release.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12-17-2008 1-08-24 PM.jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thanks Jay,

I kind of went from X to X3, so I wasn't really sure about the Power Keys options. I just know it's another hot key that's very worth while.

Mike Mattera