587,431 active members*
3,113 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

X Axis RE RE visited

I have a BP S1 RR with a Hill Billly BOB running Mach. The machine has been running well for a year. Recently, I have been having troubles with my x axis and now it stopped working. I have gone through all of the diodes and transistors several times. I noticed now that I have no voltage at wire 24 (this is the wire that feeds the infamous FU12 fuse) I tried to trace this wire but I can't. I have the schematic, but it is photocopied and I can't make out anything. Can anyone help me out please? If I could get a good resolution schematic that shows me where this wire comes from, it would be great. otherwise, if someone could just tell me, that would be fine too.
    Thanks Much!
    Mark H

I have no idea what is kept with this conversion. But fuse 12 is the DC side of the bridge rectifier. I believe fuse 15 is the AC side of the bridge. The bridge is fed by T2.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

George,
    Thanks for the reply. I must have a broken wire somewhere. My power cabinet checks out OK (including FU 15).

Mark

I had one very unusual case where a BOSS 5 had a lack of power From T2 to the bridge rectifier.. This is a number 14 wire that does not move, yet it went open. Go figure. It was a illogical problem and took a little while longer to find.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

George,
    Thanks, that sounds exactly like my problem. Is there any easy way to get a t those bridge rectifiers? They are buried near the transformer, right?

Mark