587,173 active members*
3,633 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > WTF sprutcam your pissing me off

WTF sprutcam your pissing me off

OK, so I gotta call Tormach about what the heck is going on with Sprut8. Its been so freaking glitchy as of the last 2 weeks I can barely use it now. I have a laundry list of problems with it normally, but now Im getting issues that make it unusable.

Transform function will drill all holes but 1. it will do the main model part holes, go back to the first hole it drilled, re drill it and then move to the transform drilling and miss the first hole in all of them.

This started happening after the last update

I am having huge issues with having to start the whole program over now as well because it will glitch out. The CS is getting glitchy as well. Sometimes I need several different CS for each model and sometimes it will just stop working and the CS drop down box just goes blank.

Any one else having issues? any one know how to fix this?

Sorry you are having issues with SC8.
    Probably not much help but you stated that you started having issues after the last update. I would go back to your original disk or download version you got from Tormach. That is probably the only one they will support, or whatever update version you got from them.

I can't help much as I still have SC7. Works flawlessly for me. When SC7 does get glitchy there are things you can do to fix it, don't know about SC8 though.

Gerry
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

SC8 has issues, enough so I'm thinking of switching to 7. The last update for plugin's fixed some of the issues I was having with code looking good on screen but when I posted it it would be missing chunks of code. Or it would want to go in a positive direction then I think it tried to switch to incramental and go backwards with negative values even though all the locations should have been positive for drilling. I was not sure if the problem was with the post or the SC8. Playing with the program and switching from canned cycles to long hand etc didn't fix the issue completely. But the update for plugins seems to have fixed something.