IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > Wrap on Multiple Diameters

Wrap on Multiple Diameters

Got it solved.
    Thanks

Slot cut

Quote Originally Posted by cnckid View Post
    Got it solved.
    Thanks
    Can you post the final part, I am really interested in how you did it. I have looked at it for the past few days and I can't seem to keep the cut parallel to the face of the cylinder.

Here is the completed part. Thankfully my SW maintenance was current and I was able to get help from my SW vendor. He created the cut using the swept-cut feature because the wrap does not work on multiple diameters, and then I used the circular pattern to get the other two locations. He said he had to adjust the radius a little to make it work so it may not be "exactly" to print specs, but looks to be pretty close. I was hoping to cut it and unwrap it like a sheetmetal tube so I could check the dimensions against the pdf file but am told since it is multiple diameters that would not be possible. Let me know your thoughts. We can machine the part using our 4th axis rotary on our cnc mill without having the model, but it would have been nice to do the model right. Someone out there can I'm sure.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Slot cut

cnckid,

Thanks for posting the results. I have never run across a situation like this and it is just something that I can refer back to.

Thanks again.

No problem SolidCAD. I'm the same way, if I see an interesting or complicated part, I like to save a copy just in case I run up against s similar project. BTW, your Gator avitar have any connection to U of F? I've been in South Carolina for the past 30 years, but grew up in Gainesville in the 60's and makes me think of home any time I see a Gator emblem.

Slot cut

Quote Originally Posted by cnckid View Post
    No problem SolidCAD. I'm the same way, if I see an interesting or complicated part, I like to save a copy just in case I run up against s similar project. BTW, your Gator avitar have any connection to U of F? I've been in South Carolina for the past 30 years, but grew up in Gainesville in the 60's and makes me think of home any time I see a Gator emblem.
    Yes the Gator is from the U of F. I'm a natural born Ohio Buckeye but the soul has always been in Florida. Finally moved here to Jacksonville five years ago because my employer had no need for my abilities after 31 years. I call myself semi-retired because i'm still looking for work.

I was just able to get a student copy of Solidworks so that I could get a little experience. Keep in touch with the private message.

Have a great weekend.