586,071 active members*
3,704 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Wiring Enable and Fault with Leadshine EM-705 and PMDX-126

Wiring Enable and Fault with Leadshine EM-705 and PMDX-126

Hi Guys,

I'm experiencing some difficulty to wire three leadshine EM-705 Enable inputs and Fault outputs in a PMDX-126.

According to EM-705 software manual, Enable inputs could be used to reset the drives in case of faults. As I didn't find any previous wiring diagram, I tried to follow the PMDX-126 application notes regarding the wiring diagram of ERR/RST from Gecko drives in the PMDX breakout board.

I also wasn't able to make the Fault input in the PMDX-126 to work, probably because I didn't use any resistor in the diagram, although I don't know if a resistor to use 12v or 24v is really indispensable.

Has anyone been able to successfully wire the ENA and FLT connectors of the EM-705 in a PMDX-126? In this case, how did you wire it?

I thank you all in advance for the help.

My regards,

Daniel.

Re: Wiring Enable and Fault with Leadshine EM-705 and PMDX-126

To those that had similar problems connecting the fault and enable between EM-705 and PMDX-126, I let some advices:

1º, I wasn't able to make the Enable work with the PMDX-126 RST/COM outputs. Instead, I TURNED OFF the ENA active low signal in the EM ProTuner (v. 1.1), and connect the PC+5v on JP6 to the first EM-705 ENA+, connecting all the drives in series (ENA- of this drive to the ENA+ of the next, and the ENA- of this one to the ENA+ of the next), connecting, at last, the ENA- of the last drive to the output "1" on JP6. Then, in Mach3, in output signal, I activated the Enable 1 as Parallel port 1 pin 1, AND TURNED ON THE "ACTIVE LOW" SIGNAL (don't ask me why, as I said, I turned it off in the EM Pro Turner);

2º, concerning the fault connection, there is an incongruence between PMDX-126 and the EM-705 drives. PMDX fault signal is "active low", while the EM-705 drives are "active high", unchangeable (although the manuals of software and drive say its possible to change the active level of tthe fault signal). Because of that, and considering that E-Stop in PMDX is also "active high", I first connect the drives in series to the E-Stop inputs in PMDX (Input to FLT+, all the drives in series and FLT- of the last one to E-Stop's referenced ground). The objetive was accomplished, but then, I faced another problem: when the fault signal was emitted, the reset button in Mach 3 became unable to be clicked. So, considering this, I then connect the FLT+ output of the first drive to the Input "11" (on JP12) of the PMDX, and the FLT- of the last drive to the 11 input's referenced ground. Then, on input signals, in Mach 3, I changed de E-Stop, connecting to the parallel port 1 pin 11, and maintained "active low" disabled.

This way, whenever the fault signal is emitted as an E-stop signal, the drive will automatically activate the first reset button on Mach 3, clearing the errors on all drives, and after a new click on Reset, all drives and motors will be perfectly functional to work again, without any need to turn the drive and BOB power off.

I hope this post can help others like me to make correct use of the fault and enable outputs/inputs of the EM-705 drives with the PMDX-126.

Daniel