587,646 active members*
2,977 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > WIRING DIAGRAM FOR NEW SX3

WIRING DIAGRAM FOR NEW SX3

Can anyone please post a wiring diagram for the newer SX3 motor control with daughter board? Can you explain how to hook up a Cnc4pc C6 speed control board in the SX3? P1? P2?

Thanks,

CR.

Circuit Diagram for SX3 Controller Board

Hi, here is a copy of the Super X3 controller board circuit diagram. I hope this helps.

Alex
    Attached Files Attached Files

Interesting... Do you know the origin of the diagram?

Wiring Diagram (Circuit Diagram) for the SX3 Controller Board

Quote Originally Posted by H500 View Post
    Interesting... Do you know the origin of the diagram?
    Well, it is a long story. I intially had some of the earlier Panel and Controller board set which I was trying to get the circuit diagrams for after they got destroyed through a short on the venier depth gauge. I email Sieg in China and the response was that they had no circuit diagrams.

After I received the new set of boards (updated versions) I found that the front panel was displaying an error message. I then emailed them again, and in received the circuit diagram with the necessary procedure to remove the message.

I have found that Sieg are very helpful in helping resolve any issues directly.

Alex

Thanks for posting it. It looks like the controller is based on a socketed Atmega8 processor. This makes it very suitable for software modification.

Angry If...

If you have the software, and if the chip is not read protected.
    Probably the only option WE have is to start from scratch. At least it could start to work in a properly defined manner.

Smile Should we Begin an Open Source Controller?

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Probably the only option WE have is to start from scratch. At least it could start to work in a properly defined manner.
    Neil, now that is a fantastic idea. After lived through a month or so of torture getting my mill to work again (by the way thanks for you amazing help in this regard!) it would be good to have some control!

Are you volunteering ;-)

Cool Spread the word...

Alex.

Please spread the word. More input=more (read quicker success)
    I am trying...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59118

When we can solid tap, (and I mean solid) it is fixed. That's the target but I need all the circuit fragments etc every one has to make the job manageable.

Neil
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Yes, the firmware would need to be rewritten. Duplicating the brushless DC speed servo functionality should not be excessively challenging.

Would it be possible to control this motor directly with PWM from a Smooth Stepper? Would this still need firmware mods?

http://warp9td.com/documentation/Smo...ManualV1.0.pdf

CR.

Yes, but...

It won't work any better.
    The problem is in the motor control PCB.
    The break out board already creates a suitable control signal from the PWM signal from Mach3.
    The stupid firmware/hardware just pushes the front panel buttons like a human, trying to go faster, sh1t. too fast. slower, oops. I'm drunk, I forgot which way to go etc.

When the PWM signal goes to zero and says, stop, it can't even push the stop button, (which is ignored if it is accelerating.)
    The software engineer was a moron and should not be allowed to touch this type of product.
    IT IS A SAFETY ISSUE
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Hi Adel

It looks like I have the same issue as you with the error with the new Boards

What did you actually do to fix the error?

Cheers

Rob