587,125 active members*
2,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

wiring Chinese Breakout board

Hi,
    My Romaxx / Sound logic/ BOB burned so meanwhile local service is repairing it I bought a very interesting BOB from a chinese seller at fleabay. It was only 35euro and seems to have very interesting features as PWM spindle control, LEDs on all inputs outputs and so on. As you can suppose the chinese documentation is not very well translated to English and is not very full.

So basically i have 2 questions:
    1. The board has 2 power inputs 12V and SVDD, so what SVDD stands for and should i connect it to sth?
    2. The board has Spindle control output and Manual control spindle output, what is this? A place to connect a pot? I mean the second spindle control
    Ifound the manual online googling , its here at the forum but dont know how to get to the original post it was attached to. the seller also send me the manual . As you can see its not very complete but i am very happy with all the functions that are packed in this little board. Any ideas? thanks
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...3Bd=1280203940

PS. Apart from the price, Spindle control,4 relays, Dro connection, MPG connection, Leds on all inputs and outputs, the board has all the IC socketed so no need to service if a problem arises, just easy exchange without soldering. I believe its the real deal for the price

Some ideas to check:

1.- 12V imput and SVDD could be the same (probably they are directly conected, check continuity).
    2.- The manual control maibe is used to change manually the output voltage to the spindle. Also could be used to adjust de max-output voltage of the PC output (You can tune PC-100%-output to be 12v or 6 v).

thanks,
    just came from the local electronics shop, the guy was very busy but took a look and said that judjung from the numbers of 2 transistors i have to input 15v to 20v/probably 24/ so one of them can output 12v and the other 5V. It seems that this is input if you like the BOB to output separate 12V and 5v. Don't have time now , have to work but will report later if the 2 inputs are connected or separate, i mean if the second is necessary to trigger sth in the board or is just for extra stabilised 12v and 5v output . Maybe this is to power some switches or sth like that.

PS. there is small pot to the spindle output 1, so i believe this is for adjusting the voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by mpascual View Post
    Some ideas to check:

1.- 12V imput and SVDD could be the same (probably they are directly conected, check continuity).
    2.- The manual control maibe is used to change manually the output voltage to the spindle. Also could be used to adjust de max-output voltage of the PC output (You can tune PC-100%-output to be 12v or 6 v).
    It seems you were right, both inputs are connected, so this is solved.

I measured the manual voltage regulation output and its 7V, the PWM spindle output is 0V, i still have not connected the board to Mach3. So the last question that is unanswered is what is this 7v for? Later tonight i will connect the board to the motors and the VFD to see how its working

1.- SVDD and 12V are both in the Power imput interface area, so if you use a supply of 12 volts, you can choose the 12 volt imput pin, and if you use more volts (24V), you have to use SVDD. I think both imput pin voltage will go trough both transistor to get 12V and 5V.

2.- 6 DIP switch:
    Switch nº 1 ON - PIN 16 - Activates PC10 (Deactivates PIN 16 Output)
    Switch nº 2 ON - Sure that makes something.
    Switch nº 3 ON - PIN 14 - Activates Relay D
    Switch nº 4 ON - PIN 1 - Activates Relay B
    Switch nº 5 ON - PIN 2 - Activates Relay C
    Switch nº 6 ON - PIN 3 - Activates Relay A

3.- Limits:
    C1-Is supposed to be P15: Emergency stop and related with the signal of C8 to C13 pins (X+X-Y+Y-Z+Z-).

Soldered the new connector, wired it and here is the result:

the good:
    -PWM working, though not 0-10v its 0-4.5v and its not possible to adjust the voltage

the bad:
    -inputs 15/Estop/ and 10 are working but no way to make work 11 to 13????
    -the manual pot for the manual spindle control worked for a minute and now not working, i dont need it but just to mention
    -the relays stick/ i will not use them but...

The worthless manual makes this board almost unusable, i am sure its well thought but the missing instructions make it a pain in the a^^ for a newbie like me

if sb has some ideas to make the other inputs work it would be nice as i still have to wire the feed hold and start buttons on my machine

I agree manual is too simple to understand this BOB, and seems imposible to get more information from suppliers (So use try and error method. This are only ideas, I haven´t wired the board yet).

Always take the voltage OFF, when changing switches or connecting wires.

1.-PWM-You say is 0-4,5V (Try to move the manual pot to the left and check if the voltage raises to 10V, the voltage of the PWM PC controlled).

2.- The manual says for IMPUTS:
    Is negative trigger input mode effectively. The imput signal should be negative, so all your home-limits should be normally closed and sofware-pin Active Low.(Anyway, pin 10, shoud worl like pins 11-12-13).

i connected the board to the machine and can not make the axis motors move at all.
    i have gecko 201X wired and working with the previous board. I checked 10 times the mach3 pins and adjustments, still nothing. the board gives output signals to the geckos, but not 4.5 to 5v as it should, it outputs 3.5v and maybe this is not enough to drive the gecko drives. I measured around and i found that at one side of the leds is 5v and at the other 3.5, so maybe the led is eating the missing 1.5v
    the manual pot only adjusted the manual voltage output
    i shorted all the limit switches to the near ground to simulate that they are wired. will check like this.