587,278 active members*
3,473 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Why Wavy?

Why Wavy?

I am almost ready to cut the plates to size for my plasma table to make the grating. I will have a comb that holds up the grating. The grating will also be immersed in a water bath.

I noticed that some plasma tables (from pics I have seen) set up their grating so that it is wavy? What is the purpose of this?

If you are confused and dont know what i am talking about, I appologize and I will try find a pic or at least draw one.

Thanks

Erik

If your grid is X-Y, and you cut alot of squares and rectangles, you will end up running along the grid more often. Freeform shapes and it is a wash. I have combs and slats, I can angle or grid them. I usually angle them. Wavy looks cool though . MIKE

Thanks accuratemike

try they are stresed so as to be more rigid and stay in place. At least mine are curved to stress them any other way they more very easy of corse they are not bolted down niether.

Just another thought

John

Mine are wavy as a result of the shearing process that causes them to curve. When placed in the combs they tend to look wavy because the curve is being straightened.

-Mark