587,553 active members*
3,308 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Who can do CNC Conversion?

Hello everyone! I am looking into a HF Mini Mill. I would like to have it converted to CNC. Is there any company out there that can do this for me. I know someone will say do it myself but I would much rather have this done right. I just wouldn't know where to start on a project like that. I thought I had seen a place here in North Carolina but now I can't find it for the live of me. Any help would be great.

Take care,
    Tim Wiltse

I do believe Jfettig was/is thinking about selling his. I dont want to speak for him, but you should shoot him a PM and ask him if he is still interested.

Hello everyone!
    I am from Accuram LLC.
    We make the CNC Mini Mill and the CNC 9x20 lathe. We have been running these machines in production for two years now. I must say, these machines are very impressive in quality and performance. The motion control is precision engineered and most reliable. High precision machining up to 0.0002 inch can be achieved with Accuram's CNC machines. We consider these machines industrial ready, after showing no sign of wear and failure for two years of vigorous testing. The Maxnc closed loop digital servo controller is our choice to drive the machines. User friendly advanced G code programming and the best price that describes the Maxnc controller.
    Thank You! - Max
    http://www.accuram.com

Hi ! I'm working on a Kondia mh 1060 ! I enjoye working on it, and I wish to learn to make programes for it in EdgeCam ! The problem is that I need a manual for begginners for Edgecam ! And I can't finde one anyware ! Could anyone please help me ?
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wiltse View Post
    Hello everyone! I am looking into a HF Mini Mill. I would like to have it converted to CNC. Is there any company out there that can do this for me. I know someone will say do it myself but I would much rather have this done right. I just wouldn't know where to start on a project like that. I thought I had seen a place here in North Carolina but now I can't find it for the live of me. Any help would be great.

Take care,
    Tim Wiltse

Tim, by the time you pay someone to convert a mini mill for you , it would be easier to just buy a mill already converted (maybe even cheaper). You can get a Sieg X2 mini already to go, which is the same machine as the HF mini mill. Go on down in this same section of the forum and you will see a Seig section which could get you to where you need to buy the mill.

Unless you are wanting something done in a very high quality way this would be the best way to go. If your wanting higher quality than Seig offers then it would have ot be built.

What kinda budget do you have to work with ? It would be no problem for someone to convert one for you, even I myself could do a nice convertion for you. But there really is no need in going that route with the machines already offered ready to go with CNC.

Here is a link that offers the X2 ready to go (same machine as the HF mini, but maybe a little better quality on the build of the machine) . It comes in two versions, complete CNCed ready to go, or with just the machincal parts changed over and you add your motors,drives, ect,ect.....

http://www.syilamerica.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

It would be possible to do a better convertion on the mill than they offer, but as always, better cost more. So it depends on what your after (what you wish to do with the machine) and your budget.

Hope this help - Jess

Its alot of work to convert your own mill, but it is also alot of fun to do it. I use to say, its impossible for me to learn how to cnc a mill. But I have done one and may go on to do more. If time is a factor then I guess getting a cnc'ed mill will be the best way to go. Otherwise, spend sometime to learn from this wonderful forum.

Sure you will make mistakes, but that's where you learn also. Good luck.

It really was not that hard to convert my X2 myself. I bought all quality products pre-made as I did not want to spend weeks making parts. I had a little trouble with the wiring, but got it figured out with help from the board. If you can do basic mechanical work, you can build a cnc mill. The biggest problem for me was the wiring. I got some help on the board and found a better schematic on how to wire everything from an Internet search.

Click on my user ID and then "find all post by user" (something like that). Start at the beginning and start reading. You will have gobs of questions answered and know exactly what I did.

If you build it yourself, you will know how to fix it yourself. I haven't had any problems with mine and I got the backlash down to 0 with careful assembly.

Since building it, I have added full flood coolant with the enclosure (of course) and I am now working on a 4th axis lathe attachment ala Hoss's setup.

I'm going to get pics posted one of these days...

Mike

Hello

I am looking for some one who could convert my cylinder boring machine to cnc

Any one interested? Or you can send me link

Thank u

Hello

Any one interested in converting my cnc lathe and boring machine

Also who can teach me about cnc operation and design using autocad

I will pay for air ticket and accommodation in 3 star hotel

My company web page is Ethio Lakes General Automotive Trading

Or u can mail me by [email protected]