586,067 active members*
4,749 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad Post Processors > Which Post Processor to use with BobCAD V24 Lathe and Mach3?

Which Post Processor to use with BobCAD V24 Lathe and Mach3?

I am rebuilding my lathe for Mach3, and I was already using BobCad V24 lathe with LinuxCNC previously. I downloaded the Mach3 post processors for V24 from BobCAD site, but there are multiple versions for lathe, and I am having touble understanding which to use, I've tried a couple, but the arcs it is showing are way off. I have Mach3 post options set to absolute on distance, and incremental on IJ, that's as best as I could understand I needed to do reading the manual.

Or, does anyone have a good post processor that is working in this situation they would not mind sharing? Since Mach3 is standard, I am surprised there are so many variations, I expected like 1!

The options I downloaded off the site are:

Mach_3_Lathe_Rev1 - seems to use K & I values which is promising, however arcs plot wrong and S-commands are very odd.
    Mach_3_Turne_Rev1 - seems to use R values for arcs, and also dual S-commands in different increments, although final is correct. Has nice parameter headers built in though.
    Mach_3_Turn_(No_Arcs)_Rev1 - not sure what this is
    Mach_3_Turn_Lenght_Offset_Rev1 - havenn't tried yet
    Mach3 Turn - Metric - working in standard mode, so not applicable
    Mach3 Turn - uses R values for arcs

Thanks, feedback appreciated. I'm sure this is probably some simple setting I need to adjust!

Nick

Re: Which Post Processor to use with BobCAD V24 Lathe and Mach3?

Bobcad did help me with my postprocessor so Try them it worked fine.
    In my case it was 3d Milling stuff at linuxcnc ...

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

I will try them, problem is I don't carry a support membership becuase I am just hobbyist and only use it mabye 10 or 20 times a year at most. I bought short subscription a year ago, and called in for support twice. Didn't feel like I got my money out of that one.

I like the software, and when you pay support they are great. When you can't afford to, they don't seem to be willing to help. I was not expecting this to be difficult as Mach3 is used by lots of people, would have thought there was a vanilla post to download that would work out of the box, especially for something as simple as lathe work.

It might be but i dont use mach3 ,..

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

OK, I found out what was wrong, I had 'reverse arc moves for rear toolpost' checked in 'lathe options' menu. This caused the arcs to look like big circles on the screen, even though they were output in incremental I &K modes. Once I unchecked the reverse arc moves, they showed up perfectly on the plot.

I was able to also edit the Mach3_Turn_Rev1 post processor to work pretty well, there was a LOT of extra junk in the posting for some reason that was not needed, such as M6, s_max, etc. Haven't run one yet, but the posting looks good and posts well. Now on to trying to get the threading command to work well, still work to be done there.

Thanks anyway.