587,108 active members*
4,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Where Are The Specs for Used Steppers

Where Are The Specs for Used Steppers

I googled and gooled some more but cannot find what I am looking for. I am having a problem locating specifications for used stepper motors. I don't know why it is so difficult to find specifications or getting an answer from the company regarding their products. I'm looking for specifications for used Nanotec-Munic Type 4H56618C0408. I also have a new Vexta C7379-9212K for which I cannot get the specs. The only information I have is what is printed on thes items. Please help,
    thanks,
    Wilfred

The reason you usually can't fins specs on used motors is because they are OEM ordered by the customer with specific specs and features. For many reasons the mfgr don't give out any info about such products even if they have them on file. The number you have is probably just a reference that the received product is the right one and also used to ID the right component when installing and replacing.

You have to see if there is a similar motor and compare the specs with that. Measure the coil resistance and compare that.
    Or just test how hot it gets when slowly ramping up the current using a chopper or PWM driver.
    I can't really be of much help nor give any solid advice. I would however test things out the hard way and see what happens.