587,215 active members*
3,229 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

where to buy servos

hello cnczone .
    just wondering where you may have found your servo motors ? looking for some for my cnc mill that im working on , would like to try and find servo that has a nema 23-34 mounts .
    thanks agian cnczone for your help , you guys/gals are the best .
    cheers
    mike

You should probably mention what type of mill or load you want to drive with the servo motors. Also, you will want to decide if you want to go for brushless servo motors or brushless. Brushless motors usually have a power density at least 2x that of brush motors, and sometimes much more. Brush motors usually are easier/cheaper to control but eventually will need brush maintenence. Brushless motors sometimes can be had very cheap on places like ebay because of the more costly/difficult control.

sounds like i have more reading to do . i dont know the weight loads my cnc is still in cad design .im using a new 6.75" actuator with new thk rails for the z axis . y axis is a 24" actuator used with new thk rails .x axis is a 39" actuator new with thk rails also new.im still open on my drive and motors , i was leaning towards geckos but im unsure if thats my best bet .im just looking for a motor drive combo that will work correct with the least amount of problems .
    i dont really have the money to buy things twice so i have to plan smart .i have around the $700 for drives and motors and would kinda like to try and keep it in that price range .

thanks alot for your help , i need it lol
    cheers
    mike