587,083 active members*
2,690 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > What's the learning curve for the TL-2

What's the learning curve for the TL-2

I've run full blown cnc lathes, and I've run the ez-path lathe, with a bridgeport control..so how long to get used to programming the TL-2? Oh and way to much manual lathe stuff to mention.

There's nothing to it. I use mine all of the time. However, I do a lot of editing to get exactly what I want. I don't know what the latest software version is like. I think it needs some work, but it is sufficient for most applications. I reall like the thread repair feature.

Had mine for just over a week and I am making parts for it now. I have used Haas mills for a while but never any CNC lathe. I think it is pretty straight forward and easy to use. Programs do take just a bit of editing but it is pretty easy to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLOG View Post
    There's nothing to it. I use mine all of the time. However, I do a lot of editing to get exactly what I want. I don't know what the latest software version is like. I think it needs some work, but it is sufficient for most applications. I reall like the thread repair feature.
    Hi Wolog, i have the version that support repair thread but i don´t how used, can you help about it?.

I learning to programming my HAAS TL-3 in less of one week, it´s very easy and friendly software.

Thanks

Alain

Quote Originally Posted by alain aleman View Post
    Hi Wolog, i have the version that support repair thread but i don´t how used, can you help about it?...
    This hasn't for me but I would suggest to simply follow what is ask from the controller in the conversational menu of the thread repair.

I have use it for the first time last week and it's a really great feature! What I have done with it was a plastic injection nozzle and the thread part wasn't good because of the thread tool which had the wrong tool offset, it was +0.0075 over. As I saw that it was hard to install, instead of throwing it away, I simply put it again in my TL-2 and follow what it's was asked and the nozzle was saved!