3,177 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

WE-SIM by Whittlock Engineering

Is anyone here using WE-CIM software?

Pros-Cons

Pricing?
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

Millman, I recently purchased We-cim for my Dynatorch. I just installed it yesterday. I thought it had some great features for the manufacturing enviroment. It can do chain cutting, here is a good example http://www.magestic.com/optimizers_chaincutting.htm which saves on consumables by reducing the number of pierces and the time required for a pierce on every part. You could cut an entire sheet of material with one pierce providing they were all out side profile shapes. If you are cutting thin material and are concerned about warpage the software can divide the sheet into zones, starting the cut in zone 1 on one end and then moving to zone 2 on the oposite end and so forth. Automatic lead in and lead outs and sequencing of cuts. Ground clamp avoidance when cutting. True shape nesting http://nestlib.geometricsoftware.com/trueshape.aspx and part inside a part nesting. My plan is to manufacture parts. I thought in short time the the software could pay for its self by saving time and by saving on waste. One or two extra parts out of one sheet goes a long ways after you cut 10 or 20 sheets. The Arbor Image cutting shop raster to vector software that comes with it is just a bonus. Once I get up and running I will post some info on my experience.

I have reviewed their training/sales videos. It looks pretty good. What I am going to need is something that will work with AutoCad which I already have. I have request info. in with Whitlock. I've looked at BobNest but it only works with their cad-cam software. From what I played with it it seems to want to put all parts in a box for nesting rather than using true shape or rubberband. I also burn sheets that have 12" drops from inside a ring I make so the part in a part should really help in sheet metal management. There is all sorts of small parts I burn triangles smaller rectangles etc. that can come from these 12" drops. I am now having to place them back onto the table 1 X 1 real time killer.
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

WE-CIM Great software

I have been using the Wittlock Engineering software for about five years to program machines like Salvagnini, Trumpf and a plasma with a Burny control. It has been able to reduce our company’s cost by saving material and programming time. The Wittlock team has been very helpful and have even incorporated features I’ve requested that make programming easer.

Price maybe a problem if you want something cheap. If you have a Dyatorch I think you can get the software for around 2k if you have another plasma system they may work something out I don’t know. For the full-blown software you would be looking at around 9k plus training. Round figures, but if you could save a piece of material a week and a half hour a day programming you could have the software paid for in a year.

Feel free to e-mail any other question you might have and I would be happy to answer them.

Independent CNC Programmer
    www.ctcn,net/~3kings/

We are using We Cim on our DynaTorch machine. Gary is wonderful to work with, we are not Cad/Cam people and he is easy to work with and gets down to our level easily! I can't recommend him enough.