587,726 active members*
3,517 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Wantai Stepper Drivers

Hi all, wanting to buy the electronics for my CNC, just dont want to buy Crap.

im looking at the wantai DQ542ma with NEMA 23. what are some people experiences with these drivers? will be running a 1m x 1.5m Wood routing CNC, 5 start ACME Screws.

i was also looking at Gecko Drivers but i can get 4 wantai drivers for the price of 1 Gecko. I live in South Africa and CNC parts are quite hard to come by at a reasonable price.

Regards Andrew

Re: Wantai Stepper Drivers

Hi,

Perhaps it's too late for you, but anyway, I am using Wantai DQ542MA drivers with NEMA 23 motors and have no issues at all with them. The motors run nice and smooth, heat is not a problem at all.

A_Camera

Hi,

Perhaps it's too late for you, but anyway, I am using Wantai DQ542MA drivers with NEMA 23 motors and have no issues at all with them. The motors run nice and smooth, heat is not a problem at all.
    Hi,
    What size is your machine? I'm planning to buy this driver because it is cheap and available in my country. My machine is 45" x 25" steel and wood. The gantry weighs almost 40kgs. How fast is your cutting and rapid speed?

Thank you so much in advance.

JOrdan

Hi fockghost,
    I'm using step motor and step driver of wantai. It's easy for using Attachment 287206. About $57 for one step motor and $29 for one step driver in Viet Nam. they are very difficult to be damaged.Attachment 287208.
    Attachment 287208Attachment 287208Attachment 287208