587,485 active members*
3,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: VMC 20

VMC 20

Does anybody know how much a early 90's vmc 20 weighs? and what the tapping capacity might be ? and wheter or not it can be run on 240 v with a wild leg?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rs1626 View Post
    Does anybody know how much a early 90's vmc 20 weighs? and what the tapping capacity might be ? and wheter or not it can be run on 240 v with a wild leg?
    Thanks
    You can go to one of the after market web sights like FadalCNC, fadalvmcparts,
    or uptimecnc for downloading or viewing the manuals. Just do a search for Fadal parts. There you can get the weight and sizes details.

I'm assuming you mean a 3ph 240 commercial which I heard called a 'stinger' leg. Yes, it will run fine, but be sure the transformer is set correctly. If you are talking about 240 single phase then you would need to change the transformer(Best way) or use a phase generator (not as good).

You will need to tell use which spindle motor the machine has and year to answer the tapping question. Some time in the early mid 90's they also offered rigid tapping. That machine would have a HT motorwould tap 9/16steel, I think but I'm not sure on that.

Steve

I have not seen a manual for the vmc 20 any where would it be the same as another model?

The vmc twenty would somewhat like the VMC 15. I was a special version made only for a few years and did not sell well so it was dropped. There is very little documentation on this model to be had. The spindle would have most likely been a 6000 RPM version. It may or may not have had a tool changer. There were some other unusal option available.

Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    The vmc twenty would somewhat like the VMC 15. I was a special version made only for a few years and did not sell well so it was dropped. There is very little documentation on this model to be had. The spindle would have most likely been a 6000 RPM version. It may or may not have had a tool changer. There were some other unusal option available.

Neal
    VMC20 is box ways; VMC15 is linear ways.
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

Koshy, You are correct. I failed to state I was speaking more functionally than contruction. Thanks for the clearification.

Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Koshy, You are correct. I failed to state I was speaking more functionally than contruction. Thanks for the clearification.

Neal
    No problem. I wanted to make sure there was no confusion to anyone reading.
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

We have a VMC 20 1992
    16 tools
    No rigid tap.
    running on 240 Hi leg for the last 5 years No problemO
    6500 lbs I believe. I think the sucker has 7 1/2 hp but at 12k hrs cutting I am not complaining at all. 6500 rpm machine. At the time it seemed a Lot.

Than the 10k in the 3020 impressed me with 22hp.

till the 4020 with the 15k spindle. Makes my dentist wince

geo

Welcome to Evolution Gun Works, Inc.

Hi Neal!
    Learning