586,071 active members*
3,920 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Variable Information

Tom,

Thanks for putting up with my nagging questions. Lol. I have some interesting ones:

1. How do you assign a value to a variable in a c. program then once the KFLOP has powered down, hold those values. Once I power back up, read those values back into the variables to which they came.

2. Is there a way to use tapping in Mach3 without having to supply the parameters first?

3. If I am running Mach, is it better to use Mach to provide logic to run the ATC or have KFLOP do all the work and report back when done using MachNotify?

4. Probe inputs - I will be setting up with both a touch probe and a tool setter. Which inputs are best and why? Are there high speed inputs?

5. How many Kanalogs and Konnect boards are we limited to in a single KFLOP system?

I think that is it for now. Thanks again.

Regards Sir

Re: Variable Information

Hi Don,

1. How do you assign a value to a variable in a c. program then once the KFLOP has powered down, hold those values. Once I power back up, read those values back into the variables to which they came.
    Non-volatile storage on KFLOP isn't easy and isn't normally required. But if you "Flash User Data" User Programs and data and KFLOP persist memory is Flashed and will be there after a power cycle. We don't recommend doing this mainly because it becomes confusing what is in KFLOP as it depends on all the history of changes and Flashing. Swapping boards around or changing Versions becomes messy. We prefer to set everything explicitly from the PC each time after power up.

There is also a separate Flash area that can be used. See the <>\C Programs\FlashNonVolatile directory for examples of how to use it. Flash is also limiteed to typically 100,000 write cycles.

2. Is there a way to use tapping in Mach3 without having to supply the parameters first?
    Not that I know of.

3. If I am running Mach, is it better to use Mach to provide logic to run the ATC or have KFLOP do all the work and report back when done using MachNotify?
    You can usually do it either way. Any real-time operations must be performed in KFLOP. I would prefer to do the work in KFLOP myself. Depends what you are most familiar with. If you do the logic in KFLOP then it will be easier to use other GUIs like KMotionCNC

4. Probe inputs - I will be setting up with both a touch probe and a tool setter. Which inputs are best and why? Are there high speed inputs?
    Probing is much like Homing and performed by a KFLOP User Program in Software. So any Input may be used. Basically the response time of a User Program is 180us (2 servo cycles).

5. How many Kanalogs and Konnect boards are we limited to in a single KFLOP system?
    Up to one Kanalog, two SnapAmps, and four Konnects can be connected to a KFLOP at the same time

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

I suppose the better question is are the In0~In3 ADC inputs on JP12 mapped the AIN0~3 on JP6? If not, then are these 4 additional ADC inputs? If so, then what are they for?

What is the max ADC inputs for all boards if connected as you stated. 1 KFLOP, 1 Kanalog, 4 Konnect, 2 Snaps?

Hi Don,

The In0-In3 ADC input on JP12 are the same ADC channels as on JP12 except they have a 0-3V range as they are directly going into the ADC Chip. The pins on JP12 have a +/-10V range and are divided down and offset before going into the ADC Chip.

Kanalog is our only board that has ADC inputs. There are 8 ADC inputs.

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com