587,245 active members*
3,168 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: V27 Sim

V27 Sim

I have been having a problem lately with V27 cut sim. The first problem started a week ago and carries to most parts. Sim will lock up with a pop up window that sez BobCAD V27 and a discription of 9 squares that look like ASKII code. I press the O.K. button then receive the popup up message "could not create intersector in IntersectRevolveMove_ListSurface()!". Then I press OK again and Sim adds to the message "Error occured in program.......ĹistSurface()!

When I go to post BackPlot everything looks O.K.

Machine the part in single block and it comes out perfect.

What is wrong with Sim!

Re: V27 Sim

Can you post a problem file ?

Kind of difficult from a mobile. Can you tell me how from a desktop?

on your .bbcd file/right click/send to compressed folder(that makes it a .zip)/upload the .zip

Thanks Jr! While waiting for access to thw wifes computer I banged on Bob a little more. This is what I found: In Sim there are three modes of operations/display; time base, length base& NC. I dont have a clue of what those mean. But when in Time Base the presentation runs smother and crashes at the first tool change even if it is a same tool change. When I select NC mode, Sim completes the part OK but is a little jerkey. At least it agrees with Backplot and is usable. I still dont know what those modes mean. Are they operational in nature or simply display?

Hello LeWhite, a simple answer would be that they are just for display. I also have weird crashes when running Simulation in "Time" mode and it comes up on an operation change, don't know what that is about but it's been there for multiple versions (V26, V27). "Length based" mode is also very smooth but I have to move the slider all the way to "Slow" or it just zooms by too fast. "NC based" is fairly stable (if jerky).

Just to reiterate, it will not affect your G-code at all.

I did the trial version of HSMworks, and while we decided to stay with Bobcad for our cam package I use the HSMworks NC editor for it's back plotting. While it's only 2D I like it better then the Bob simulator or Predator editor that Bob comes with.

Re: V27 Sim SOLVED

Back plot and the nc. code are all correct! ! It is just when in' time 'or sometimes 'length' mode, Sim crashes. If those modes crash consistantly, what were they originally intended for? I dont know when Sim got out of nc mode but it took me a couple of hours to find it.