586,065 active members*
4,378 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V25 simulation wont run!

V25 simulation wont run!

I am desperate for some help. For some reason when I run the simulator for my part it seems to take a long time to prepare then throws up " Unknown exception by reading and parsing the XML file. Machine definition could not be loaded." I really don't want to run this part without simulating it first. Too much into it already. I tried simulating some older programs and they run fine. I have shut down the computer and re started it with no change. I have a real tight deadline on this and really need to solve this.

Re: V25 simulation wont run!

Can you upload a .zip of a .bbcd file for us to look at ?

Make sure under Part and Current settings that your machine is selected.Sometimes it will un-select and add a different one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails machine.jpg  

I've seen that message & I believe it has to do with the machine you have plugged in for the job in your CAM tree.
    In my case I changed to a different machine /re-calculated all toolpaths /then changed back to my original machine & re-calculated again & it worked fine.
    Not sure if the experts will agree with this as the answer but it got me going again.

Where did you change the machine?

In the CAM tree,,R/Click on milling tools,,,scroll down to part/current settings or default/current settings.
    Part is only for that part
    Default is for all parts
    If you pick default,after you set machine,it will not be active until next time you open BoB and start a new file
    so
    If your machine did indeed change,you need to reset it in both "part" and "default" current settings

I'll check back in a while ,,,,,keep us posted,,I know deadlines all too well

Thanks. I tried that and restarted the computer. No change . Do I have to re-draw in a new file? I tried another simple new program and simulated fine.

can you ,zip a ..bbcd file for us to look at

If you cannot,start a new file and open your old file,,,do a copy/paste of your drawing to the new file and then re-CAM it

I have to admit I am not familiar on how to do that, Im sorry. A little nudge in the right direction please. Ive never run into this kind of issue before.

Without a problem file I am kind of at a lost.
    Make sure you are running Build # 996 of V25
    for machine pick 3x mill

FWIW
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bobcad...chine-xml.html

Make sure you have write access to the directories and running as administrator and all that fun stuff. Sometimes the errors when BCC can't write to a file aren't obvious as to the cause.

Check this just for grins ..

With your problem job loaded go to the CAM tree & Right click on CAM Defaults /Current Settings /Machine parameters .. Make sure the right machine is selected as the default. Now click on 'Posting' .. make sure the correct Post Processor & NC File Path are there .. click OK at bottom.
    Now back in the CAM Tree, Right click on Milling Job / Current settings and make sure that the information there MATCHES what is shown in the Defaults section previously looked at.
    I pulled up a previous job last night and it wouldn't post .. until I made sure the 'Current Settings' in CAM Defaults MATCHED the settings in Milling Job.

Just a thought ..

Just to update, I have not solved the problem but it has something to do with the fact I have 3 dimensional parts on my drawing. I cut and pasted the 2D stuff to another drawing and put all my tool path in and it worked fine. I went back to put tool path to only the 3D stuff with the same result.

You will have to post the file if you want help