587,773 active members*
3,237 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > SmoothStepper Motion Control > USB AND ESS SMOOTH STEPPERS FOR SALE

USB AND ESS SMOOTH STEPPERS FOR SALE

I have an early USB version of Smooth Stepper and the latest Ethernet version as well. I fiddled with the USB version for quite a while, but could never really make it work, so I fell for the "new improved" sales pitch and bought the Ethernet version. I did get that one to work, but it has a major flaw for anyone using a lathe. The PWM function does not work, so there is no way to control the spindle speeds for thread cutting. After quite a bit of troubleshooting on the ESS forum- link attached- it is now clear that no fix is in the works. If you are running a mill,the ESS will probably be just fine as long as none of your requirements are for precise spindle speed control. If anyone can make use of these things, send me a PM and we'll work out payment- Price 50.00 for everything plus 10.00 for postage.

Forum

Re: USB AND ESS SMOOTH STEPPERS FOR SALE

[B]SOLD
    I sold these units almost as soon as the thread posted- Thanks to all who inquired and sorry you missed out.