These two builds are really similar, but just vary in size.

The first is my small machine I'm able to work on each night at home. It's actuator based and is 16x12x8. The X and Y are both IAI actuators already linked together with the factory bracket. For the Z I have a smaller KR3310A with about 8" of travel. I realize nobody seems to build 100% actuator based machines here (usually just the Z axis), but seeing that the parts were "free",I couldn't resist. Actually, I paid $200 for it all plus a huge box of parts (another 12" IAI, 8" IAI, Robohand pneumatic grippers, Mitsubishi e710 terminal, and a bunch of stuff I'm still trying to figure out...). I say "free", because selling just a Gripper got me my money back.

I have a bunch of 8020 for the table and will complete the motor mounts soon (I pulled the AC servos to access the shaft for the ball screw). I have a G540 to drive it.

The second one is really similar but will be at the shop for sign work (mostly foam and some wood). Specs for travel are 56x20x20. This machine will sit for a while before I get to it. I'm hesitant to remove the servos just in case I could find a way to communicate with it (I have 2 IAI SEL driver modules and some other parts), but really wonder because they're AC servos. I can obtain IAI's WinSEL software but haven't read about anyone being successful with it. I guess I'll see how the first conversion goes...