587,513 active members*
3,091 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

tool change orientation

Good morning friends,
    I have a Arrow 1000 with the 2100 control. It has been down for several months now and upon repair i have a problem. Startup alignment is correct
    but when making a toolchange the key rotates 90 deg. Is this a job for Motionlink ? Mallard , Mike any ideas?
    Thanks guys,
    Scott

Hi Scott,

is the issue the P1 parameter is wrong? does it always go to the SAME spot so it is consistent, just consistently wrong? If so sounds like P1 position is wrong? did rpr include removing the spindle belt so u would have lost orient position?

if so, then yes, motionlink plus to reenter right value.... u have doc how to do this? if not let me know and I will email

No, Mike the problem was in the control. Nothing uptop was changed nor even a drive.Yes it is consistantly wrong. Alignment is correct on cold start.That is whats throwing me off. There are not any error codes
    either. I appreciate the offer for the software and may need it if I cant find my copy. I'll let you know one way or the other. Are you staying busy?
    Thanks,
    Scott

I've adjusted the spindle orientation before, in the Machine Application area under system configuration.

How to set the tool change orientation depends on what vintage machine you have.

The earlier machines using Kollmorgen BDS drives required the use of motionlink to set the P1 parameter directly in the drive for tool orientation.

The next generation (Release 3 software) had Servostar (Acramatic Servo) drives, and I believe this version also had the ability to set the ATC orientation in the control, eliminating the need to use a version of motionlink to set the orientation.

Maverick1, yes. and if one has issues with orient and asks, the techs at Mag will walk them thru changing from P!/motionlink, ie, vfs5 drive doing it, to, a2100 doing it. sorta involved to change but they have done so for some of our customers so from then on, the drive no longer does orient but the a2100 handles it - and u set the orient position now in the a2100, not p1......