586,047 active members*
3,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Tool bars missing

Tool bars missing

I can not get rhino to load the madcam tool bars , I have gone into the select tool bars to import and it is not there . Some how it disappeared after shutting the computer down last night as it was working fine yesterday.

Re: Tool bars missing

I can find commands by typing in MC_ so some thing is there why does the tool tab not show up ?

Happens to me sometimes when I mistakenly open the 32 bit version of Rhino. When it happens I restart Rhino in 64 bit mode and voilá the toolbar is back.

Tried that no go . Mine is the opposite The tool bars are still in the 32 bit version . Any ideas how to find the them? Typing mc and looking for the tool I need is getting old quickly. But at least I was able to get the rush job started.

If you invoke a command, like MC_Command. madCAM the toolbar should pop up. Otherwise Go to Tools->Toolbar Layout... and there should be a madCAM item in the Files list. Sometimes a Rhino update makes settings vanish, if you don't have an item in the Toolbar dialog just reinstall MadCAM and it should appear again.

sorry about the delay to try this out , I was away.

I tried to reinstall madcam and I still do not have it listed in the tool bar layout screen . What are the next options for me to get this back to normal?

I decided to reinstall rhino and madcam , that seemed to bring the tool bars back.

Thanks

That was probably a little drastic, but if it worked then you are all set. FYI... we have around 120 installations of Rhino here, and I am the administrator to all. With a variety of issues that come up, I never have to re-install Rhino to find a solution. However, it's done, and it worked, so you're good to go.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Actually I just noticed I was opening 32 bit rhino the 64 bit version is still missing the tool bars

Open your Windows Explorer and browse to here:

C:\ProgramData\5XCNC\madCAM\5.0\Ui

Do you have a file in there called madCAM.rui?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yes I found that file but in a different file
    C:\programsdata\5xcnc
    Then file madcam then file 5.0 then file UI

Is that ProgramData folder really plural? Other than that, isn't that the same path I mentioned? (I'm probably missing the point! )

It might be , but how do I get the tool bars back? Right now I am having to type in MC_ commands and that is getting old really quick.

I might be stating the obvious here, but did you try loading the toolbar in Rhino? At the command prompt type Toolbar. Then pick open as shown below.

Attachment 268328

Now browse to that location we discussed above and pick the madCAM toolbar. Pick open.

Attachment 268330

The toolbar should be loaded. Pick the checkbox to display the toolbar you want to display

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toolbar3.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	268332

Does that work?

Dan

That is what I tried but madcam is not in that list the only thing listed there is the word default

So you browsed to the madCAM toolbar file in ProgramData and it didn't load the toolbar? Can you make a video of what you are doing and post a link here? If you don't already have it, you can download Jing for free and post the link to the video with Screencast (which is also free).

TechSmith | Jing, Free Screenshot and Screencast Software

I finally got it back . Thanks to all of you . I now have a new question and I will start a new tread.