587,311 active members*
3,465 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread Clipping Question

I don't know if this is the perfect place to post this question but since every machine in the shop is a Haas...
    I want to clip some threads. I haven't done this before so any input would be greatly appreciated. I did some quick thinking about it when I was running a job and it seems like G32 threading cycle would work best since it can be moved in the X and Z directions.
    And could the machine be able to orientate itself if I were to run a G76 threading, then clip with G32? Or should I be threading with G32 as well?

Define "clip".

I think thread clipping and blunt start are the same thing. This should answer your question:

Higbee or Blunt Forced Tread - Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

Ha, I would never have thought there would be a communication problem... but since I know what the rest of the world outside of Edmonton calls this higbee clipping I know what to search for.

I've never even seen that before. After seeing the photo in the link that was posted I'm going to program all my threads that way. Thanks for droppin' some knowledge! I love it when I learn something new.