586,069 active members*
3,379 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Think my Synrad Tube needs recharged? but not sure...

Hey guys, I have a serious question. I have a Pinnacle Accuris Powersharp 16 30watt Laser Cutter. It has a firestar v30 Synrad Laser in it. The tube was manufactured in 07' and hasnt been used much. I am just a hobbyist and use it occasionally. I have always had great success with cutting acrylic with it, being able to cut 1/4" acrylic easily. But now I am having troubles. And to be clear, I have cleaned the lenses and mirrors.

So when I start my cutting job, in .220" acrylic, I can run it at Speed of 1 and power of 70 and it cuts fine through to material, after about 10 minutes or so of cutting it stops cutting through the material. It will try, but never cuts as deep as when it first runs. This is getting quite frustrating and I know it has the ability to cut for long periods of time as I have done it numerous times. Even when I turn the power up to 100 and slow down the speed, it still has trouble and still wont cut all the way through after a few minutes of running. If I let it cool down, it will start cutting fine again, until it heats up. Anyways, I am in desperate need of this working quick and want to know if I need a recharge or if it is something else?!

Let me know your opinions guys! Thanks!

Re: Think my Synrad Tube needs recharged? but not sure...

Hi Ed3XP

It seems that your laser tube gets old. I am afraid you need to change another one.

best regards
    Abby
    www.wklaser.com [email protected] SKYPE: cyosusu
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/people/Cuicui-Zhang/100005165685762

Sounds to me like it's time for a ree charge. How does it raster? I have a 100 watt synrad and it is running about 75 watts, I am still able to vector up to a 1/2" acrylic but it is most noticeable while rastering. While rastering text, the places where the the laser rests burns fine. Where the laser needs to pulse off /on (like the horizontal center of the line) it starts to weaken. If interested pm me for a contact that does a good job refilling. I have used therm before and they are more affordable than the company that is most suggested on line.

Pm sent

Did you check your laser cooling system?
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Yeah, cooling was working fine... I sent it off to be tested and it does need a recharge...