587,424 active members*
3,931 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Tabs not selectable

Tabs not selectable

Am I doing something wrong? I create my geometry, select contour toolpath, I chain my geometry and in the contour parameters, the tabs button is grayed out and the button to select it is also grayed out making it not possible to select it. I am attaching an image below. What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails notabs.jpg  

Place a check in the box to enable that option to be used and calculated into the toolpaths

no check , then that option is skipped

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Place a check in the box to enable that option to be used and calculated into the toolpaths

no check , then that option is skipped
    I'm fully aware of this but if you look in the image I posted, the check box is dimmed making it impossible to check the tabs box.

Mastercam Help Doc's

Mastercam automatically creates a Tab Cutoff operation and adds it to the Toolpath Manager. Note that this option is only available when you first create the contour toolpath. If you edit an existing contour toolpath, you can change many of the tab settings, but the Separate operation option will not be available.

Even though the tab cutoff operation is created automatically when you create the contour operation, it does not stay associative with it. This means that if you make changes to the original contour operation, edit its tab settings, or change the tab locations, the changes will not be automatically copied to the cutoff toolpath

Read the "Help" Files. They may help.

Harold C.

I think maybe I am not making myself clear here. I know what tabs are, I know how and when to use them, I know their properties and how to edit them. the problem here is, I can not create them at all because the option is grayed out and I am not even able to create them at all. there is some setting and or option that is keeping it grayed out and unsellectable making it impossible to even create tabs on a new contour. I've been through the help documents, the tutorials and even pulled out all my text books from classes, nothing about this issue anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo1zz View Post
    I think maybe I am not making myself clear here. I know what tabs are, I know how and when to use them, I know their properties and how to edit them. the problem here is, I can not create them at all because the option is grayed out and I am not even able to create them at all. there is some setting and or option that is keeping it grayed out and unsellectable making it impossible to even create tabs on a new contour. I've been through the help documents, the tutorials and even pulled out all my text books from classes, nothing about this issue anywhere.
    Suggest you post the Mastercam file you're having problems with.

Is this a Router Entry Level?

Entry is only is only 2.5 axis. It can only move 2 axis at any 1 time. To make the tab, it would need to make a 3x "ramp" move. Entry cant do that.

Pressing Alt V will tell you the software type and version.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com