587,482 active members*
3,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Sieg X3 - Where is the best place to buy?

I am throwing around the idea of buying a Sieg X3 and CNCing it. I have pretty much only seen two places that sell the machine, being Hare and Forbes and Titan Machines. Delivered I am looking at $2,000+ which seems on the steep side for an X3. Is there anywhere else that I should be looking? I am considering going direct to Sieg on an X3 or possibly a KX3 depending on price. The thing that really scares me are the wharf and logistics fees and import duties. An acquaintance purchased a greenhouse for his garden from China a few years back and was hit with $800 in fees to get it off the wharf and to his door. I assume with a KX3 I would be hit will all sorts of import duties, up to 30%?

Quote Originally Posted by spv123 View Post
    I am throwing around the idea of buying a Sieg X3 and CNCing it. I have pretty much only seen two places that sell the machine, being Hare and Forbes and Titan Machines. Delivered I am looking at $2,000+ which seems on the steep side for an X3. Is there anywhere else that I should be looking? I am considering going direct to Sieg on an X3 or possibly a KX3 depending on price. The thing that really scares me are the wharf and logistics fees and import duties. An acquaintance purchased a greenhouse for his garden from China a few years back and was hit with $800 in fees to get it off the wharf and to his door. I assume with a KX3 I would be hit will all sorts of import duties, up to 30%?
    I would suggest to just buy it locally here in Australia. There is high risk of getting a defective units since they are China made :-( They have a reputation of bad quality control. You will have better peace of mind if you just buy it from a reputable dealer. Also, your machine gets a one year warranty :-)

Get Sieg X3 if you plan to retrofit it with a CNC kit. You could get a good retrofit kit for that unit at Melbourne PROMiCA - CNCKits

The trick to overseas purchases is finding the right people you can trust to handle everything otherwise when doing it yourself you get caught with stuff such as "Dehiring Fees".
    I kid you not a Friend bought 25 Mustangs and a Corvette in from America when he took redundancy from Caltex Refinery years ago,Hiring a Semi to transport vehicles from the Wharf to a Customs Clearance House they neglected to tell him there was such a thing as a "Dehiring Fee" so having a Semi sitting around for three days like a Taxi with a running Meter on Steroids gets rather expensive,It is not just duties etc where you can blow any percieved savings from direct purchase unless well schooled and knowledgeable.

Try machineryhouse.com.au they have the X3 for less than $2k

X3/Promica

I have an X3 fitted with a Promica kit. I could be tempted to part with it for a reasonable offer - Probably done around 30 hours work. Reason for selling - upgrade to a purpose built cnc machine.

Machinery House/Hare and Forbes - same place.