586,745 active members*
7,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > minitech axis out of alignment

minitech axis out of alignment

Hi...

Somehow...someway my minitech is out of square..x and y...any sugestions besides a complete tear down and rebuild?

It isn't even a year old!!

it is sitting on a surfaced 1" slab of hot roll steel.....so this shouldn't have happened.

Roger,

One of the Zone members "Fixittt" is the Minitech Field Engineer, he will be able to walk you through the tramming procedure very quickly.

His user name here as well as his email and Yahoo messenger ID is also "Fixittt"

Jeff.
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

it is not the tramming....

I have been through that one....the carriage does not run square to the z axis column....

I noticed the problem after traming the head and then inidicating the vise..

the carriage on which the x and y run is a bolt together box(with no bottom)

when I ran it all the way(manually) to the z axis column it did not touch all the way around...when the left side touched the right was off the column by about .1 mm(I had .17 run out)...

so I took the whole thing apart, checked all pieces for square, cleaned them all off.....and put it back together....starting with the carriage backed into the zaxis column and touching all the way around....

I just checked it and got a little over .02 mm of run out so about .0007inches of run out.....I put screws into the table and used the blade off of my square to run the indiocator......

so problem solved

Roger,

Happy to hear you solved the problem.

Have a most awesome evening,

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.