586,920 active members*
2,592 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Conect Numerical Controls "Minor Mill"

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    VR Milling is for Denford machines. Conect had their own software, which was either BBC or DOS based.

Conquerer, who's boards were used in some Conect machines, still exist and do an upgrade kit - Conqueror Design & Engineering Ltd - CNC control cards, stepper motor drives, CAD/CAM, CNC software, EaziCNC
    Although having just checked their site, the upgrade kit is out of stock, and it should be £150.

Personally, I'd look at upgrading the controller and stepper drivers as the original controller/drivers were pretty basic, and modern stepper drivers will give you better performance.
    Mark, I'd take mc's advice here... Years back I was talking to MDE about swapping all drives to their kit, didn't go ahead due to time (children)... If I was to undertake this project today this is probably the route is take. The guys at MDE from memory were very helpful.
    Ps I play around with a 4axis router these days running mach3..😌

Re: Conect Numerical Controls "Minor Mill"

Thanks JQ & M_C
    Advice is much appreciated, I have left word with Conqueror to contact me but going by opinion I would rather go with Mach3 as the support on forums and youtube is excellent. Will take a look at MDE and see where it leads.
    Having issues finding MDE if you have any further info on them I would be obliged

Re: Conect Numerical Controls "Minor Mill"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-conect View Post
    Thanks JQ & M_C
    Advice is much appreciated, I have left word with Conqueror to contact me but going by opinion I would rather go with Mach3 as the support on forums and youtube is excellent. Will take a look at MDE and see where it leads.
    Having issues finding MDE if you have any further info on them I would be obliged
    Hi Mark,

How did you get on in the end with this conversion. In hind sight yes your right a mach3 conversion does seem more favourable around here, after re-reading their website I realise that their own software is not mach3...

JQ

Quote Originally Posted by JQ_Quint View Post
    Hi Mark,

How did you get on in the end with this conversion. In hind sight yes your right a mach3 conversion does seem more favourable around here, after re-reading their website I realise that their own software is not mach3...

JQ

After a lot of research went with CDE. Full electronic conversion and using the software supplied with circuit board. Machine now up and running with good results from both machine and software would recommend this route.