586,920 active members*
2,598 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Conect Numerical Controls "Minor Mill"

Hybrid View

Re: Conect Numerical Controls "Minor Mill"

[QUOTE=aegir71;1659452]
    Quote Originally Posted by antcowan View Post
    I run my Conect minor mill with Techsoft 2d Design.[/QUOTE

Hi there, I recently got connect router 250 but I'm told it'll only run on 2D design V1 which the company tells me they no longer make,is this what you rd runs on?

wow the last post here was years ago..lol

Regardless, Im not sure I understand who told you this and why? I dont know 2d design v1 but isn't it simply a cad/cam package? If so it wont "run" the machine but simply churn out the g-code ready to be accepted by something like mach3 etc to run on the machine (assuming the machine has the correct controller boards to suit mach)...

Can you confirm exactly what this 2d design v1 is??

J

[QUOTE=JQ_Quint;1659476]
    Quote Originally Posted by aegir71 View Post

Regardless, Im not sure I understand who told you this and why? I dont know 2d design v1 but isn't it simply a cad/cam package? If so it wont "run" the machine but simply churn out the g-code ready to be accepted by something like mach3 etc to run on the machine (assuming the machine has the correct controller boards to suit mach)...

J

[QUOTE=JQ_Quint;1659476]
    Quote Originally Posted by aegir71 View Post

J

I was told by the school that originally used it that this was the software they ran it on, it was made by techsoft who no longer sell this version

To be honest I'm very in the dark here and am just interested in getting the blighter running!

Re: Conect Numerical Controls "Minor Mill"

Do you want a copy of the 2d design software? I can help u out with any technical bits too to get it running.[QUOTE=aegir71;1659496]
    Quote Originally Posted by JQ_Quint View Post

I was told by the school that originally used it that this was the software they ran it on, it was made by techsoft who no longer sell this version

To be honest I'm very in the dark here and am just interested in getting the blighter running!

[QUOTE=antcowan;1659600]Do you want a copy of the 2d design software? I can help u out with any technical bits too to get it running.

That would be brilliant thank you! My email is [email protected] thanks again!