586,698 active members*
2,979 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Learning CNC with limited resources

Learning CNC with limited resources

Hi

I am a business man, with plastic injection and blow molding set up in karachi, Pakistan. Few years ago I bought 2 CNC machining centres and 1 milling. For the last few years I have been unable to run my CNC workshop effictively, that has lead me to outsource my machining and mold making. However, i have a never ending passion to optimize the CNC setup.

The problems I faced were basically human resorce. In Pakistan CNC designers and operators are scarce. Resulting in non efficaint and non competitive market.

Now I have decieded to outsource just the designing of the components and first I will learn the following things and then pass them on to my staff:

- to create punch and cavity (from part design)
    - generate tool paths
    - try to gain expertise with machining

I now feel i can not design compnents at present , so i shall first learn the things which will make me independent . Then slowly i will get towards designing.

I want help from you guys, as i have not decieded which software to use.
    Also i wanted to know how i could learn the above mentioned steps.

Your kind help will appreciated.

P.S , my knowledge in CNC is limited to the following,

- made few macro programs
    - used pro E , most of the time, but i can only create basic solid shapes, not very good at surfaces.
    - Have not a lot exposure of tool paths. have only made few countors and other toolpaths.

salam this is zahid saleem from lahore , i am designer & devloper of diffrent kind of automatic machinery , recently made 2 cnc router 3rd will be 5 axis Inshallah , you can contact me for any help this is my email [email protected] & here is my phone number 0321-4163320. take care ALLAH HAFIZ