586,116 active members*
3,421 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Need Help Urgently

Need Help Urgently

Hey guys, Im using MasterCam X2 and I am trying to program a part for our Okuma-Howa lathe with a Fanuc Series O-TT Control. Im not too good at it but this is my first lathe program. Here is the problem, i draw up half the part, and create the program using that, but when it post the nc code, the x's are the actual diameter of the part, and i need it to put them out for the radius. I fixed the program by going through the entire thing and halfing all the x positions. Using g92's to specify x & z for each tool. What am I doing wrong in MasterCam, or is this something that I need to fix by modifying the post? Using Generic Fanuc 2x Lathe control, and Generic Fanuc 2x Lathe post. I've also tried using the lathe default with the MPLFAN post.

Please Help
    Jon (nuts)

Quote Originally Posted by makinoman View Post
    Hey guys, Im using MasterCam X2 and I am trying to program a part for our Okuma-Howa lathe with a Fanuc Series O-TT Control. Im not too good at it but this is my first lathe program. Here is the problem, i draw up half the part, and create the program using that, but when it post the nc code, the x's are the actual diameter of the part, and i need it to put them out for the radius. I fixed the program by going through the entire thing and halfing all the x positions. Using g92's to specify x & z for each tool. What am I doing wrong in MasterCam, or is this something that I need to fix by modifying the post? Using Generic Fanuc 2x Lathe control, and Generic Fanuc 2x Lathe post. I've also tried using the lathe default with the MPLFAN post.

Please Help
    Jon (nuts)
    Have you tried asking on the Emastercam Forum? All the Gurus hang out there and a few here.

Here is the Link
    http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ul...cgi?category=1

Cheers!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Yep, he was there already and I think he got what he needed.

Yep, went to emastercam.com earlier also, and got the info that I needed. It was in the post, and I got it fixed. One little variable in the post was all I needed to change, so I'm all good now.

Jon

Glad to hear your situation was addressed and solved. These Forums are a great tool in deed.

Cheers!!!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Changing post

I was playing with the mill to use as a lathe. I had the problem with turning diameter equals X also.

What needs to be changed in the post?

Camtd,
    I'm not sure if this is what you are asking but at the bottom of the screen ,
    click Planes, in the middle of the list you will see lathe radius or lathe diameter this will change from X to D or R. or from Lathe to Top plane X Y. if you change views it will update as well. the settings for view is found in general machine parameters in control definition. I set up each machine definition for the view to update to when I change between machines, I.E. lathe to mill or mill to lathe each time I pick a machine it will go to the default view for that machine.

[email protected]
    www.cad2cam.blogspot.com
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor